Passed GCIH today - 91%

hilldhilld Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
Took the class via the work study program back in April and spent about 6 weeks studying, while cramming in another class (SEC 401) in that time. Talk about brain overload. In any case, the test was nerve wracking, I was up to 97% about half way, then all the sudden things dropped down to 89% and so did my confidence, got it back to a 90% at the last checkpoint and at the end a 91%.

I thought the test was pretty darn hard, certainly more challenging than my previous one. I am glad that this is over, I have to study for the GSEC now.

I spent the last 2 or so weeks listening to the audio recordings while commuting and did pick up a few tidbits that helped during the exam. I still have to figure out a way to perfect my indexing. During the test it is hard to find some of the items.

Comments

• E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Welcome to the club! icon_cheers.gif
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats! Sounds very similar to how things went when I took mine.
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats and nice score! Hopefully will join the club by the end of this month.
  • wiseguywiseguy Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and best of luck on the GSEC! I just passed the GSEC on Wednesday and I can totally relate to your story with the percentages going up and down :)
  • quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and welcome to the GIAC advisory board (if you aren't already a member). I never look at my score until the end. I don't want the score to mess with my head. I took the GCIH a month before the GSEC and I flew through the GSEC like it was nothing. If you can pass the GCIH with a high score the GSEC will be a breeze for you.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass and amazing score!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • hilldhilld Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info in the Gsec. I was already a member of the board, but still had a self imposed goal of a 90. Made that by the skin of my teeth.