Options

Failed CCNA 200-120 :-(

danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
I feel defeated, I failed the CCNA 200-120 this morning, my score was 787, needed an 825 to pass. Networking is not my forte, but I figured I give it my best shot today after taking two NetAcad class at my university. I kind of feel slighted too because I pressed next by accident when one question had a bunch of questions within it and went to the next question, you can't go back or review your questions at the end. ARGH! (Charlie Brown sigh) One sim, can't go into much detail, I knew was wrong, because I tested it after the configuration, but I couldn't modify or delete it and start over for some reason. I may give it another shot next Friday, we'll see. CCNA got the best of me today, but I will avenge my loss.

Breakdown as follows:
Operation of IP Data Networks - 100%
LAN Switching Technologies - 90%
IP Addressing (IPV4/IPV6) - 100%
IP Routing Technologies - 90%
IP Services - 80%
Network Device Security - 0%
Troubleshooting - 70%
WAN Technologies - 80%
I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None

Comments

• Options
    blatiniblatini Member Posts: 285
    At least you know where to focus. That's a lot better that flatting across the board.
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah, I definitely know what went wrong and where I need to focus. I scheduled for August 5th. Can't have successes without any failures right?
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
    you did real well pretty much everywhere but one. Study that one area and you should pass easily
  • Options
    volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,050 ■■■■■■■■□□
    danny069 wrote: »
    I kind of feel slighted too because I pressed next by accident when one question had a bunch of questions within it and went to the next question, you can't go back or review your questions at the end. ARGH! (Charlie Brown sigh)

ha!
    the SAME exact thing happened to me when i took it!!

It was the Final Simulation (towards the end of the exam), and my brain/finger accidentally clicked "next".

I literally ARRRRRGH'ed aloud in the middle of the lab.
    a Big fat ZERO.

Well, if that Sim was the reason you got
    Network Device Security - 0%

Then you should Definitely CHeer up. You will definitely pass the Retake easily.

If it's not the reason... well, then you have some homework to do :]
  • Options
    DerkDaDerkDerkDaDerk Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dude, don't sweat it. Like others have said, you now know what area to focus more of your studying on, so when you take the test second time around, you'll ace it! Also, if the CCNA composite test feels overwhelming, I would take the CCNA in 2 parts, it allows you to focus more on less topics for each test :D.