Passed CCNA-Security

kmusk01kmusk01 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well I sat for the test last week and passed with a score of 918. There were a few questions that honestly I had no idea so just took a guess. I didn't run into a true simulator, just a 5 question lab, that was somewhat buggy. The screen didn't have enough room for me to have all the open windows needed to navigate easier while reading the questions. I think I might have missed a question on this one, but not sure.

I used CBT Nuggets with Keith Barker and setup GNS3 on my Surface to use when studying. I read the OCG twice, and really hate that book. I had Chris Bryant's old Security book and video's so went over those, but skipped the CCP sections.

Where do go from here I am still debating. I have my CCNA-R/S and CCNA-Wireless, so might start on CCNP-R/S Where I work I get to touch everything from Switches, Routers, ASA, Wireless, Phones. Most everything is Cisco, but we are starting to move all our wireless to Ubiquiti, and some of the outlining area switches. The core is always going to stay Cisco :)

Good luck to others that will be taking the exam.

Ken~

Comments

• NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice, congrats!
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! Yea it's a shame about the OCG. I thought they might release a new FLG for it but haven't seen one.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • JamesKurtovichJamesKurtovich Member Posts: 195
    Congrats. I felt like I had to guess a few times as well, even on questions where I felt I knew the correct answer.
  • paulphoenix01paulphoenix01 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass.
    May I ask you a litlte question?

For those CBTnugget CCNP videos, do you think we need to do the lab for it ? Especially those with multiple context since I dont see it in the Blueprint, Cisco only ask to "describe".

Thank you.
  • kmusk01kmusk01 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I only did labs from cbt nuggets ccna security video's not the CCNP ones. I also watched INE Firewall video's as I needed to learn how to configure and ASA for work reasons.

Still on the fence where I want to go from here......

Ken~
  • paulphoenix01paulphoenix01 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you sir.

Another question is: in the exam, do we have to deal with any SIM or lab with CLI ? Or everything can be done with ASDM.

I'm doing lab only with ASDM.. so just curious.

Again, thank you for your response ~