New to Android

CurtisCurtisCurtisCurtis Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I have recently bought a new mobile phone. I have have had iPhone's for 5 years, and now I have bought a Samsung (Android).

Do you have any suggestions about certain settings I should set up?
Certain settings to turn off?
Anything cool features I may not know about?

Thanks,

Comments

• kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    First off Hi welcome to android.

I'd start with finding the replacement for your apps on the Play Store.
    I loved the samsung but I turned off the features like the flipbook, step tracker, etc as I never used it.
  • sharansinghsharansingh Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You need to disable most of Samsung apps because you will never need of it. Secondly to optimized battery solution you need to disable location sharing, turn off ambient display, use less widgets for your home screen.
  • rob42rob42 Member Posts: 423
    You don't say which Samsung you have? Not that it matters that much...
    I use a Galaxy A5 and I find that the factory set-up is okay. The battery lasts all day; in fact I mostly have about 55% remaining after having been out all day with it. That said, I tend to turn off stuff that I'm not using at the time; Wi-Fi, Location, Mobile data and the like, and only turn them on when I need them. This not only saves power, but also affords you a little more privacy (in theory, at least).

There's some good CCNA study material that you can get via the 'Play Store' which may be of interest to you. If you'd like some recommendations, I'd be happy to share with you the ones that I've found that are of use. I tend to read them during my driving breaks.

Any reason that you 'jumped ship'?

Edit: When reading text messages, you can change the text size using the volume up/down buttons.
    No longer an active member