Options

a little confused on exams to take

mookytcmookytc Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
Pardon the ignorance all...I have been prepping for the exam but the 2003 ones. I planned on taking the hardware within 3 weeks. The software in early December.

I was just browsing the comptia site and now I am thinking maybe I should take the 2006 exams? If so what is the best material to study for the exam. I was using the Mike Meyers book mostly with some assorted material to prepare.

What do you folks think is the best thing to do?

Thanks...

DC

Comments

• Options
    jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    take the exam now and move on with network+/Server+ or take on Microsoft and Cisco path. It doesnt matter if it is A+2003 or A+2006. As long as you have your A+ cert, its A+.
  • Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    If you have been studying for the 2003 objectives and think you can successfully pass both tests before January 1, stick with that plan.
  • Options
    mookytcmookytc Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sounds good..for some reason I looked at their site and started to second guess my plan. I am having a rough weekend of studying and preparing. Having trouble focusing.

DC
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Relax and you'll get through this :)

I agree, if you are already planning on taking the exam...I'd stick to that plan. Worst case, it leaves you enough time to retest before the changes take place...so if you are ready on the current objectives...knock it out and move on :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?