Options

CEH ON 4th AUGUST!!

kartik3323kartik3323 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
:)Scheduled my CEH on 4th of august..
these are the things i have been refering..
1).Matt Walker All in one 2nd edition
2).CEH v9 study guide by sean-philip oriyano
3). Skillset
4). ******** v6.1

Have read different threads on previous CEH exam..and saw that there are questions from V9 like risks,ale and some of them on latest vulnerabilities..
it will be very help full if some could share there experience and guide me for the exam!!

Thank You!! :):)

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Whatever that last source is you may want to drop it and pass your test honestly.
  • Options
    its a **** sheet..
    just have it.. Have paid a lot for this exam want to pass it and at the same time enjoy it!!
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    At least he's honest about what it is.
  • Options
    N yeah i dropped it..
  • Options
    roninkaironinkai Member Posts: 307 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The Matt Walker guide is about all you need. If you get stuck on Crypto, watch the short Crypto course on Cybrary.IT, with the tips on symmetric/asymmetric algorithm memorization. This test was easier than I thought. I overstudied. Make sure you know the TCP/IP stack well and the handshake. You'll get more than a few nMap questions too. Good luck!
    浪人 MSISA:WGU
    ICP-FDO ▪ CISSP ▪ ECES ▪ CHFI ▪ CNDA ▪ CEH ▪ MCSA/MCITP ▪ MCTS ▪ S+
    2020 Level Up Goals: (1) DevSecOps Learning Path (2) OSCP
  • Options
    when did u give your exam??
  • Options
    shoeyshoey Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm curious as to what you think of skillset after you take the exam... I found out about it towards the end of my CEH prep and got to a skill level of like 30, said screw it, and went and sat for the exam (and passed). I liked the format of skillset so I used it again for a different cert and after getting a readiness score of 110 I sat for the exam and failed.

Either way, good luck!
    "I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
  • Options
    wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    kartik3323 wrote: »
    when did u give your exam??

I'm sure I remember him taking the "CEH v8" if so didn't do the latest and greatest exam as far as I remember but only he can confirm
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    N yeah i dropped it..

Yeah right
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    roninkaironinkai Member Posts: 307 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I took version 8 of the exam. It changed to v9 like a week later, but the exam certificate doesn't show you at a version.
    浪人 MSISA:WGU
    ICP-FDO ▪ CISSP ▪ ECES ▪ CHFI ▪ CNDA ▪ CEH ▪ MCSA/MCITP ▪ MCTS ▪ S+
    2020 Level Up Goals: (1) DevSecOps Learning Path (2) OSCP
  • Options
    I also read, in some of the threads that there were questions on latest vulnerabilities..can any one share about it??
  • Options
    BuzzSawBuzzSaw Member Posts: 259 ■■■□□□□□□□
    LOL - agreed

The only up side is that its likely whatever dishonest material may be in use won't net him a pass. I don think there are too many good **** out right now for the current version..

If my "**** sheet" he meant a type up memory helper, then no harm no foul. . . but I doubt thats what it is
  • Options
    LOL - Disagree

If I had what you think, I would never create this thread!!
    I said its **** sheet cause, he asked for a honesty which I am!! :)

******** v6.1 = shravansoft ********** v.6.1
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Uhh. Yeah... Man.... Uh. Yeah.
  • Options
    firemike314firemike314 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Re-scheduled my exam to 9/8/2016...
  • Options
    BuzzSawBuzzSaw Member Posts: 259 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Re-scheduled my exam to 9/8/2016...

You have one month. I highly recommend looking up the other posts details study materials and methods.

To add to what it says you've already done, consider building a small lab (could even be a virtual lab)

It appears you have already read the AIO (which is far better than sybex). I would consider adding the Boson examsim to your studies, and also spending some time watching Cybrary videos on any areas you dont feel strong.

After that I think you will have a good (and honest) approach to studying.