Accepted to WGU! Starting September 1st.

quickman007quickman007 Member Posts: 195
Got accepted into the B.S. IT Sec program. I'm extremely surprised at how many credits transferred. I only need 36 CUs (9 classes) to graduate, which are

Project+
Data Management - Applications
Linux+ part 1
Linux+ part 2
CCNA Security
Organizational Behavior and Leadership
Principles of Management
Technical Writing
Capstone

I'm really hoping I'll be able to knock it all out in one term, though that seems like it'll be a stretch. Shooting to get 10-15 hours in during the week and then another 10-12 on the weekend. If anyone wants to chime in on whether or not this is doable in 6 months, feel free. I've honestly got no idea how long the Capstone should take. I'm just assuming these are on the same level as the classes I took for my A.S. degree. Since I'll have a month of free time, I think I'll go ahead and study for the Project+ during August and see if I can knock that one out in a few days.

Pretty excited! I may update this thread with my progress, that seems to be a thing people do.

Comments

• devilbonesdevilbones Member Posts: 318 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Got accepted into the B.S. IT Sec program. I'm extremely surprised at how many credits transferred. I only need 36 CUs (9 classes) to graduate, which are

Project+
    Data Management - Applications
    Linux+ part 1
    Linux+ part 2
    CCNA Security
    Organizational Behavior and Leadership
    Principles of Management
    Technical Writing
    Capstone

I'm really hoping I'll be able to knock it all out in one term, though that seems like it'll be a stretch. Shooting to get 10-15 hours in during the week and then another 10-12 on the weekend. If anyone wants to chime in on whether or not this is doable in 6 months, feel free. I've honestly got no idea how long the Capstone should take. I'm just assuming these are on the same level as the classes I took for my A.S. degree. Since I'll have a month of free time, I think I'll go ahead and study for the Project+ during August and see if I can knock that one out in a few days.

Pretty excited! I may update this thread with my progress, that seems to be a thing people do.
    If you study, you should be able to knock them out in 1 month. I wouldnt pressure yourself though. I had 4 semesters to get 61 credits and took care of it in 9 months. Good luck! I came here and to the WGU subreddit to get help when I was stuck and it was a breeze. You can do this!
  • 2230622306 Member Posts: 223 ■■□□□□□□□□
    should be easy to finish in 3 months. i passed some of those classes without studying.... and some of them i read vocabulary WGU shares online and passed. i think the only hard classes for you might be CCNA SEC. oh also project+ is soo dry man.