98-365 Windows Server Administration Fundamentals Retired or Not?

TrinitynzxtTrinitynzxt Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
So on the MS site it said the test expired on 7/30/2016 now its saying its not retired. Anyone know whats going on with this test?

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    This exam is listed as retiring on July 31st, 2017, according to the Microsoft Learning Retired Exams page

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • TrinitynzxtTrinitynzxt Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Slowhand wrote: »
    This exam is listed as retiring on July 31st, 2017, according to the Microsoft Learning Retired Exams page

3 days ago it was listed as retired which is why I'm asking, was listed on the ms cert retirement list and listed as retired on the main page for the 98-365 exam.
  • Florin77Florin77 Member Posts: 1 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello,
    Regarding to this, [FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal, Segoe UI, Segoe, Segoe WP, Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]register is possible.
    [/FONT]Emailing to certiport and this is respond.

possible
  • TrinitynzxtTrinitynzxt Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Florin77 wrote: »
    Hello,
    Regarding to this, [FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal, Segoe UI, Segoe, Segoe WP, Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]register is possible.
    [/FONT]Emailing to certiport and this is respond.

possible

Thank you very much for that.
  • lightning.440Vlightning.440V Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    very nice thanks for the sharing
  • twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This is good to know as I am studying this now.
    the 365 is based on 2008 which I am assuming this is why they would retire.
    i never realized it was expiring in July 2016. I am glad they extended.
    there is not much study material out there, but the sybex book by tom carpenter has very good information to learn. It is a good review for me.
  • si20si20 Member Posts: 543 ■■■■■□□□□□
    So will there be another exam using a newer version? I only ask this because after I finish the Linux+ I was planning on doing the MTA Server course, followed by the MCSA, then ultimately the MCSE.
  • PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I don't know, but if you finish up your Lin+ this year, it should give you enough time for that MTA before it expires. FYI, that MTA is based on Windows Server 2008.
    I don't know, but if you finish up your Lin+ this year, it should give you enough time for that MTA before it expires. FYI, that MTA is based on Windows Server 2008.

Thanks. How long roughly would it take to pass the MTA Server Fundamentals course? I'd be self-studying it as I do with all my certs.
  • PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If you have absolutely no Windows Server experience, maybe a month or two?

Out of all the MTA exams I've taken, it is probably the most "Microsofty" out of the bunch. It's not on the level of the MCSA Server exams in terms of difficult questions, but you really do still have to know your Windows Server concepts to pass it.

What I mean is, you're probably not going to be asked "the best way" to set up five sites in three cities to use BranchCache. But you might need to know what BranchCache is, and what it's used for. (Just an example, I don't even know if BranchCache is part of the MTA curriculum.)

Hope that helps.
    That's a big help :) thanks again.
  • cyclekingcycleking Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□