Options

cell phone storage at test location? ( Personal Belongings and Security ?)

coffeeisgoodcoffeeisgood Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
Does the test location have a cell phone storage?
What did everyone do with their non-permitted items?

Leaving anything in a hotel room might not be an option for me & I really hate leaving anything in my car.

I have read the FAQ & plan to e-mail them but I was wondering what everyone's experience was?

ISACA
Taking the Test Exam
Taking the CISA Exam
[h=2]4. Personal Belongings and Security[/h] Candidates are not allowed to bring any type of communication devices into the test center. If an exam candidate is observed with any communication device (i.e. cell phones, tablets, smart watches, mobile devices, etc.) during the exam administration, their exam will be voided and they will be asked to immediately leave the test site. ISACA will not assume responsibility for stolen, lost or damaged personal property of candidates.
Personal items brought to the exam site and stored in the belongings area of the testing center may not be accessed until the exam candidate has completed his/her exam.
The following guidelines have been established for the security of the exam, as well as the safety of your personal belongings. These guidelines will be enforced at each testing center.
The following items must be kept on your desk during the exam:
  • Exam admission ticket
  • Current government-issued photo identification
  • Writing instruments (Pencils)
The following items may be kept on your desk, if needed:
  • Erasers
  • Pencil sharpeners
  • Eyeglasses
  • Earplugs
  • Other ISACA approved medical items
The following items are permitted in the testing room but must remain in your pockets or in the designated area of the testing room when not in use:
  • Wallet (money purse)
  • Tissues and other approved personal items
The following items are not permitted in the testing room:
  • Cell phones, tablets, smart watches, mobile devices
  • Cameras
  • Pagers
  • Headsets
  • Computers, electronic organizers, personal data assistants
  • any other remote communication or photographic devices
The following items may not be brought in the testing room. If it is necessary to bring any of these items with you, they cannot be kept on or under your desk and will be stored in a designated area of the testing room. However, please note that these items will not be guarded:
  • Food or drinks, unless special accommodations have been arranged and approved in advance by ISACA
  • Baggage of any kind including transparent bags, backpacks, handbags/purses, tote bags, briefcases, luggage, carrying cases, or pencil cases
  • Study materials including notes, papers, textbooks, or study guides
  • Scratch paper
  • Wristwatches with engaged audible alarms/timers or any type of desk clock/time
Please comply with all of these requests. ISACA will not assume responsibility or liability for stolen, lost, or damaged personal property. Neither ISACA or its testing vendor takes responsibility for personal belongings of candidates.
Additional information can be found in the ISACA Exam Candidate Information Guide.

Comments

• Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Every test center I've ever been to had lockers.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    ISACA tests I've taken are in hotel conference rooms (bring a coat, even in summer). you're told to either leave your phone in your car or at a table at the back of the room. proctors don't accept any responsibility for anything. most people just turn the phone off (NOT mute) and leave them in their pocket. nobody's complained or been called out on it for the 3 isaca tests i've taken.

every place varies, though. i'd just leave it in your car or room or house or whatever.
  • Options
    NVLadyNVLady Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The testing center in Reno doesn't have lockers. They give you a clear plastic sleeve for your phone/keys (about 8x10 in size). I left my purse at the office and just had my ID, which I kept on my person. I did have to hang my jacket in a spot that wasn't secure.
  • Options
    RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I leave everything electronic in the trunk of my vehicle.
  • Options
    DistordDistord Member Posts: 21 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry for this, but what's so wrong in leaving your belongings in your own car?? Bad neighborhood or what?
  • Options
    coffeeisgoodcoffeeisgood Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Distord wrote: »
    Sorry for this, but what's so wrong in leaving your belongings in your own car?? Bad neighborhood or what?

past problems (car break in, including trunk)

doesn't anyone work for a company anymore that this is actually against your company security policy? (You cannot leave your laptop, tablet, cell phone or any mobile device in an automobile?)

I have a friends house about 25 min drive away where I can leave my belongings just preparing for the logistics.

My test city is about 4 hours from my house, as this exam is coming out of my own pocket it not make sense (and cents icon_rolleyes.gif) to rent a room and rooms in San Jose, CA are not cheap @ least ones I would leave anything of value...
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If you absolutely must take everything with you and are worried about leaving belongings in vehicle take as little as possible but your phone should easily hide underneath something really innocuous like an old technical book any beat up trashy looking tome will work. Backseat wheel wells also provide some measure of obscurity but try not to over do much more than a cell phone. Used grocery bags also have distinctly uninteresting or bland look about them as well. Think something of little to no interest or value to a thief. I mean do I want to sift through car trash in hopes of finding gold here? Probably not. Outside of that park near the front of the lot by arriving early; near light poles at night and in range of video cameras if and when you can spot them.

If you try to make the interior of a car look like your trying to hide something under a blanket on the seat that will be more attractive as well.

Lightning could strike twice but given my experience with salespeople and "stolen laptops" gives me pause to say it would be unlikely to happen to you more than once.

- b/eads