CCNA Exam Pass

bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
Hi all,

I'm on these forums quite often (especially recently) just wanted to drop in and say I sat the 210-260 on Saturday. I manage to pass with a 944!

I found the exam quite challenging. However, I did not find the SIM/Lab in the exam faulty at all and fairly straight forward.

Suggestions for guys on here thinking of sitting the exam, is defintely go above and beyond the CCNA Security topics! I used the CBT Nuggets CCNA/CCNP Security, OCG and INE videos - the new series by Christian Matei (a great instructor highly recommend)!

Onwards and upwards now.. time to decide my next path..!
2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]

Comments

• SimridSimrid Member Posts: 327
    Interesting read. I am currently going through the INE series, I can second that it's very informative and exactly what I was after. I'm not sure what other learning resource I am going to use as Chris Bryant (who i used for my NP) hasn't updated his videos yet and the OCG book is meant to be rubbish.

Any suggestions?
    Network Engineer | London, UK | Currently working on: CCIE Routing & Switching

sriddle.co.uk
    uk.linkedin.com/in/simonriddle
  • Jamm1nJamm1n Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Simrid wrote: »
    Interesting read. I am currently going through the INE series, I can second that it's very informative and exactly what I was after. I'm not sure what other learning resource I am going to use as Chris Bryant (who i used for my NP) hasn't updated his videos yet and the OCG book is meant to be rubbish.

Any suggestions?

Thanks both! Simrid I would suggest using INE, CBT and Chris Bryant aswell.. i heard elsewhere that his videos (even though not updated) are still relevant. Also, I would say hammer the CBT Nugget CCNP Security videos as that will go above and beyond and I used that.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass and great score! It seems like people are having a rough time with this exam so good to see a strong pass.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • doctorlexusdoctorlexus Member Posts: 217
    Good job on the exam. Now that it's all said and done, did you find you learned a lot from the process of studying for it?
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Gratz on the pass! great score
  • JamesKurtovichJamesKurtovich Member Posts: 195
    I assume my post was removed because I asked a question about the exam? If so, I apologize.

Congrats, OP.
    Good job on the exam. Now that it's all said and done, did you find you learned a lot from the process of studying for it?

Thanks. Learnt quite a bit from studying for the exam (mostly Firepower stuff) as I have most knowledge from previous studies and on the job experience.

Are you studying for this yourself?
  • blatiniblatini Member Posts: 285
    Seems like everyone has been saying INE is where it is at. Going to give it a shot for the first time. Congrats on the pass!
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • paulphoenix01paulphoenix01 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass.
    May I ask you a litlte question?

For those CBTnugget CCNP videos, do you think we need to do the lab for it ? Especially those with multiple context since I dont see it in the Blueprint, Cisco only ask to "describe".

Thank you.
    Congrats on your pass.
    May I ask you a litlte question?

For those CBTnugget CCNP videos, do you think we need to do the lab for it ? Especially those with multiple context since I dont see it in the Blueprint, Cisco only ask to "describe".

Thank you.

Thanks. No need to lab CCNP Security stuff to be honest. It's great to know for real world though.. and for the job of course.
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Every credit, great score
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • txraider09txraider09 Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. Starting CCNA Security vids from INE. They have a 20% Labor day weekend sale going on. 20% off of the already discounted prince.
  • neonmanneonman Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I started with the INE videos for the CCNA Security path and I find Christian very hard to follow, I have switched to CBT Nuggets and find Keith much better. Best of luck with your studying I've only started myself and plan on taking the exam in the next two months all going well.