CCNA Passed!

KyrakKyrak Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
Took the composite exam yesterday and passed! Prep was 20 years of IT experience, 4 weeks of instructor led classes 4 hours a day (although we started doing subnetting and general networking concepts 5 months ago in N+), Transcender exams, CBT Nuggets, Pluralsight, and CareerAcademy videos (in that order), Lammie book, lots of practice both on real hardware and in Packet Tracer. Doing A+ and Network+ before was definitely helpful. Glad I was able to get it in before the new version, although not having to learn Frame Relay would have been better. :) I found it helpful to do this **** sheet during the 15 minute instruction time- The Art of the Subnet **** Sheet And Other Subnetting Tips . Even though I know how to do subnetting the long way, this gave me an easy reference and made sure I didn't make stupid mistakes.

Good Luck to everyone else who is trying to get in in before the change.

Kyrak
Up next: On Break, but then maybe CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator

Comments

• JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • TrucidoTrucido Member Posts: 250 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
    2017 Certification Goals
    CompTIA A+ [ ] CompTIA Net+ [ ] CompTIA Sec+ [ ] CCENT [ ] ITIL [ ]
  • jetfanjetfan Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!!
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I'm taking on this beast tomorrow!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • txraider09txraider09 Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Burns82Burns82 Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□