Options

PIX PDM

mwgoodmwgood Member Posts: 293
I've got a PIX 501 with 6.3.

It is running PDM version 3.0.

My browser uses Java 1.4.2_09.

When I attempt to access the PDM in IE or firefox - I get a Java error stating that access is denied. My googling tells me that this error is caused by a conflict between the PDM version and the version of Java in the browser.

I have had no success in getting a newer PDM version where this shouldn't be an issue. It looks like PDM version 3.0(2) or something like that, might fix the issue.

Cisco is not listing any files in their PIX download area. Anybody have any suggestions on how I can either upgrade my current PDM or possibly rollback Java to a compatible version? The Java rollback would be less preferred.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    forbeslforbesl Member Posts: 454
    According to the Cisco documentation for PDM 3.0 (you can find that on the Cisco web site) you must have at least Internet Explorer 6.0 with IE native (built-in) JVM or Java Plug-in 1.4.1_02.

Unless you have a SmartNet contract, are a Cisco reseller, or Cisco partner you will not be able to download a PDM upgrade to fix this Java problem.
  • Options
    mwgoodmwgood Member Posts: 293
    forbesl wrote:
    According to the Cisco documentation for PDM 3.0 (you can find that on the Cisco web site) you must have at least Internet Explorer 6.0 with IE native (built-in) JVM or Java Plug-in 1.4.1_02.

Unless you have a SmartNet contract, are a Cisco reseller, or Cisco partner you will not be able to download a PDM upgrade to fix this Java problem.

Hmm... interesting. I meet the requirements. My employer was a Cisco partner at one time, but I'm not sure what their current status is. Suppose I'll look into it.

Thanks.
  • Options
    netteasernetteaser Member Posts: 198
    Have you tried downloading the latest JAVA software from their website? Let me check what's the latest PDM software and I will let you know
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nope, the current Java still has the problem, the only solutionI've seen is to upgrade to PDM 3.04 .
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?