Spring 2014 VMware courses at Stanly Community College

1234568»

Comments

• lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    What's interesting about the double post is that it's almost 10 hours a part so it does seem intentional, in addition to the fact that you're new to the forums so it's possible you were unaware of forum etiquette which is what @tprice5 was getting at.

You have a right to ask questions but no need for the snark.
  • JonifiedJonified Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the comment, Isud00d. I understand. My apologies to all if my posts have deviated from the original topic or have come across rude.
  • jamthatjamthat Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Not sure if this has already been addressed - but is there any workaround for those of us living in states that are 'excluded' from this course? I live in Oklahoma and apparently I'm not good enough to take this course icon_sad.gif
  • tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    Jonified wrote: »
    My apologies to all if my posts have deviated from the original topic or have come across rude.
    Accepted
    jamthat wrote: »
    Not sure if this has already been addressed - but is there any workaround for those of us living in states that are 'excluded' from this course? I live in Oklahoma and apparently I'm not good enough to take this course icon_sad.gif
    Can you use a separate address or PO Box? I can see this being a deal breaker if you were enrolled in a degree program but given that it's a continuing education course I can't imagine it being insurmountable. For what it's worth, I didn't have to jump through hoops to verify my address and can't envision a scenario where anyone would particularly care.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It is our intention to move to the 5.5 curriculum in January 2015. The voucher that you receive upon satisfactory completion of the course is good for for the 5.0, 5.1, or 5.5 certification exam.
    tprice5 wrote: »
    Jonified, they're still on 5.1. They, like many other organization, will not be on 6.0 for awhile. Asking a company when they are moving to a technology when said technology is still in beta doesn't make a whole lot of sense. You are issued a voucher that can be used on either 5.1 or 5.5 (for now). When they will be moving to 5.5 would be the appropriate question.

Also double posting does not help get your post noticed. Stanley_CC has been awesome with their involvement on this forum. We're fortunate to get any feedback at all.
  • Jebz240Jebz240 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Has the august session completely filled at Stanley? I Just found out about what you offer and signed up for the waiting list on 7/11/14, wondering when i can get started w/ VCP training.
  • networkhobonetworkhobo Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am curious about where you all are on the wait list also. I joined the list back in the April-May 2014 time frame.

Thanks
  • SteveFerSteveFer Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I signed up mid April , didn't make it to the Aug course initially, then I was sent the email about the additional 25 spots being available this week and made it on via that route.
  • Jebz240Jebz240 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I found this on the Stanley CC Website, https://vmware.stanly.edu/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=50&Itemid=59 it shows the classes as all full.
    Thank you for your interest in taking a course with us. As you can see we are constantly striving to service as many students as possible. You can always send me a private message here to check on your particular status on our online wait list.

Jebz240 wrote: »
    I found this on the Stanley CC Website, https://vmware.stanly.edu/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=50&Itemid=59 it shows the classes as all full.
  • sharanmahadevansharanmahadevan Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi STANLY_CC, I am new to this forum and so i couldn't send you a private message. Do you have an email address where i can send my name and other info to check the waitlist status? I signed for the waitlist on June 30th. When can I expect to hear from you guys?

Thanks
    You need to change your profile settings so you can send & receive private messages here please. In the meantime, you may contact me at slewis8950@stanly.edu.
    Hi STANLY_CC, I am new to this forum and so i couldn't send you a private message. Do you have an email address where i can send my name and other info to check the waitlist status? I signed for the waitlist on June 30th. When can I expect to hear from you guys?

Thanks
  • chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    folks i am currently doing the vSphere6 course, do i have to buy the book?
  • UncleBUncleB Member Posts: 417
    No, it is recommended but not a pre-requisite.

If you look through the messages by the STANLY_CC person they have said this on several posts if you want to double check.

The Mastering VMWare 6 book is probably the best you can buy (or download if you are have a seagull on your shoulder and buy your tropical cocktails with pieces of eight).

Iain
    UncleB wrote: »
    No, it is recommended but not a pre-requisite.

If you look through the messages by the STANLE_CC person they have said this on several posts if you want to double check.

The Mastering VMWare 6 book is probably the best you can buy (or download if you are have a seagull on your shoulder and buy your tropical cocktails with pieces of eight).

Iain

Cheers Ian, i have the book you mentioned allright.
    hi folks, for anyone currently just finishing up the install, config manage course, what did ye think of it and will you continue on to the optimise and scale class?
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The labs were useful, the class provides a good intro to ESXi and this is what I was looking for.
    VCP is not on my todo list, so I may give Optimise and Scale a skip.

Was looking at VMUG Advantage EVALExperience though.
  • burfectburfect Member Posts: 128
    How long does it typically take to get the completion email/voucher? Class ended a few days ago and I'm just curious...
    burfect wrote: »
    How long does it typically take to get the completion email/voucher? Class ended a few days ago and I'm just curious...

Did you receive this?
    First, my apologies for the late response. Typically we process these within the first 24 hours but we had a flooding incident in the building where my office resides and the related moves and demolition work has created some issues in our work space. Second, this course happens to be ending during the summer break. This does not impact me but it will slow the process for you to be able to get access to your discount voucher. It may be Monday before your access is granted.

Attached you will find two attachments. It is extremely important to read the documents carefully and thoroughly. The instructions must be followed in order to achieve your 6.0 certification. Be aware that there are now two exams that you must take to achieve 6.0 certification. One is taken on your own over the internet.. The second is the traditional VCP exam that must be taken at a testing center. Again, please read the instructions carefully.

Finally, access to your voucher through the VMWare store may not be available until the first of next week. Congratulations again and please keep a look out for additional training opportunities. We have had several requests for additional opportunities. We are offering Cisco CCNA training and will begin offering Palo Alto firewall training soon as well as other technologies.

Thank you for choosing us for your training. We know that you have a wide variety of choices for training and we are grateful you chose us
    I did. Still don't seem to have access to the voucher.
    Please send me a private message, or you can contact your instructor or myself at slewis8950@stanly.edu.
    I did. Still don't seem to have access to the voucher.
    Just received it this AM, thanks!
    Great! We are glad you received it.
    Just received it this AM, thanks!
    I have yet to receive my voucher. Have emailed Jeff Drake. icon_cry.gif
    Please send me a pm here or email me at slewis8950@stanly.edu.
    Mike7 wrote: »
    I have yet to receive my voucher. Have emailed Jeff Drake. icon_cry.gif