Options

Passed, thoughts inside.

bonesforumtechbonesforumtech Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed N10-006 today after about 9 total hours of studying. I do have a sec+ which attributed to about 30% of the objectives. I also have some years doing infrastructure and light networking that also adds to my resume. Reason to get this cert was that for some reason, companies love CompTIA even at my level. I also will be moving from CA to TX at the end of year, and if I piece of paper makes me look more attractive, than ill validate skills and go through the trouble.

Some thoughts;

Study all objectives in the course listed.
Its can be quite tricky, I opted to use the entire time to go over it three times.
For studying, I briefly watched some of Prof. Messer videos and used the study guide he offers.
I thought a dozen questions were poorly worded even though I knew the content behind what was asked.
I happen to have enjoyed my sims.
If any of you play around with home routers, then the knowledge would help greatly.

After this test, I have RHCSA that I will be learning from scratch that I hope to pass early Sept.

Comments

• Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just 9 hours of studying? Impressive. Congrats and good luck on the RHCSA, I know that is one hell of a test!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • Options
    TrucidoTrucido Member Posts: 250 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    2017 Certification Goals
    CompTIA A+ [ ] CompTIA Net+ [ ] CompTIA Sec+ [ ] CCENT [ ] ITIL [ ]
  • Options
    bonesforumtechbonesforumtech Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Guys! Actually switching to rush Linux 3 in 1 before month end! Then will pursue CCNA
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    tmtextmtex Member Posts: 326 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Gezz another CA moving to TX LOL, JK congrats