Thinking of taking the CASP after passing the CISSP

IkemonezIkemonez Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Trying to decide if i want to take the casp after passing the cissp last month. i let my Security+ expire last year (Health reasons), I had started studying for casp and couldn't complete it but decided early this year to take the cissp. I see lots of similarities in the material for both certs and i don't like the fact that my security+ is expired. what do ya think?!
Is it really worth the hassle or do i do something else like the CISA (no auditing experience but i love to learn and grow)?
I have 5yrs of IT experience so i am still growing...

Comments

• Z0sickxZ0sickx Member Posts: 180 ■■■□□□□□□□
    when i looked over the domains and skimmed through my CISSP book a lot of the material does overlap, but the CISSP is going to be more for a manager point of view and the CASP is much much more technical
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Ikemonez wrote: »
    Trying to decide if i want to take the casp after passing the cissp last month. i let my Security+ expire last year (Health reasons), I had started studying for casp and couldn't complete it but decided early this year to take the cissp. I see lots of similarities in the material for both certs and i don't like the fact that my security+ is expired. what do ya think?!
    Is it really worth the hassle or do i do something else like the CISA (no auditing experience but i love to learn and grow)?
    I have 5yrs of IT experience so i am still growing...

I just got done doing exactly this. The CASP is much more of an applied technical exercise. I think of the exam as the SECOPS CISSP. I felt like I got a lot out of it. You need the Pearson book and some experience in an operational role.
  • IkemonezIkemonez Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys, i guess i'll get to work on CASP. Hopefully i can take the test by December.