Options

What cert would be best for me?

jerseytechjerseytech Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I currently do a little bit of everything at my job. I'd like to get some opinions on what cert should I focus on. It's hard for me to pick because I'm just all over. I'm hoping someone with a good amount of experience can take a peek at my job duties and let me know what seems best.

- Maintain, manage, and deploy Windows Server 2008/2012 production servers. These servers include SQL servers, application servers, DC’s, and web servers.
- Mac and Windows 10 desktop administration.
- Decommission and upgrade Windows server environment.
- Active directory environment.
- Group Policy management.
- Office 365 administration.
- Manage virtual machines in a ESXi environment.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection anti-virus management and deployment.
- Google mail for business administration.
- Provide desktop support to all users in the company in every department up to C level.
- Project management of quarterly projects and goals. These are reviewed on a quarterly basis.
- Windows OS deployments and upgrades.
- BitLocker encryption management.
- Security best practices for the enterprise environment.
- Develop and maintain IT security and compliance standards.
- Management of AirWatch MDM. This includes deploying, managing, creating profiles, security groups, and maintaining the Windows servers that AirWatch resides on.
- Work closely with Senior VP of Legal and the Compliance Director to ensure HIPPA and PHI compliance.

Comments

• Options
    mbarrettmbarrett Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What area of work do you enjoy the most, what do you see yourself doing in your next job? Are you trying to advance further where you are, or will you be switching companies?
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sounds kind of like my last job... I would say a MSCA, either in Office 365 or Server2012. And learn Powershell as best as you can. Those should help you make sure your getting the most out of your environment and it is setup as best as possible.
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    mbarrett wrote: »
    What area of work do you enjoy the most, what do you see yourself doing in your next job? Are you trying to advance further where you are, or will you be switching companies?

This.

If we know what you want to do in the future, then we can better advise you.
  • Options
    markulous wrote: »
    This.

If we know what you want to do in the future, then we can better advise you.

To be honest, I don't know. I really like doing everythong.
  • Options
    My main project as of now is becoming the AirWatch SME if that helps... so maybe a cert in security and compliance? That's not the only thing I'll be doing, but it's one of my main projects.