Options

Change of Career into Cyber Security

tomelk31tomelk31 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

Looking for a bit of advice. I'm currently working as a ServiceNow Consultant in the UK and my job is very much based around ITSM / ITIL and I have been doing this for 2 & 1/2 years since graduating from University with a 1st in CS. I have worked my way up and now I have experience in the IT industry, I'm looking to do something a bit more interesting within the Cyber Security sector.

What I want to do before I start apply for jobs, is start working on my qualifications as currently I have no security qualifications or experience. What would be a good route into Cyber Security and what qualifications would be worth while? I would also not want to take a pay cut which is my main concern as I have just brought a house and I'm currently on a very good package. If I were to obtain qualifications before applying for jobs, what pay range would I be looking at?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What hands on technology experience do you have? I always find that the best course of actions is to take the foundational knowledge of whatever technology you work on normally and then get skilled in securing it. Along the way you can add in things like Security+/SSCP/CISSP. It sounds like you would be good to get into a GRC or audit role with your current experience if that is something that you would be interested in.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff