Options

I Passed!!

angryphilangryphil Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Afternoon, have just got back from the testing centre with a pass mark of 820, which i am really pleased about.

The test asked a lot of questions for me on IIS, Permissions, Terminal Server and Configuring users & groups.

There were 6 simulation questions and 1 very annoying question regarding Visual Basic Scripting that i hadn't realised that VB would even be in the exam.

Used the following tools to study with:
The MS press book.
MeasureUp Practice exams
Boson Exams
CBT nuggets
This excellent website
and http://www.free-tests.com/microsoft.cgi which have 250 free practice test on there website.

Question, i still have the 291 exam and the network+ exam to go, which exam should i go and do now, both relate to networking, and while the network+ exam gives a more rounded overview of network topology and so would make a better starting point out of the two, what is the crossover in material like for the 291 exam?

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!

I would recco for the next exam to take what you are more familiar with. Net+ is probably easier than 291, but you're already on the M$ mind track, so you might as well do that, then finish up with something a bit more mellow like Net+.....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would honestly do Network+ first. It'll give you a solid foundation of networking knowledge such as IP Addressing and how networks operate which will help you out a bit with 70-291.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    Congratulations!
    Yeh, what is it with the VBScript question? Everyone seems to get it.
    Yet I didn't get one IIS question. Weird.
    I took a break from Microsoft, and went to Security+ before 291.
    I needed the break.
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.
  • Options
    nevets2001uknevets2001uk Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass.

We took the test on the same day it seems!!

I will just add that I didn't get a vbscript question. Did get a couple on IIS though (1 was a sim, but very easy).

Cheers,
    Steve
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the pass!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki