Project+ Pass

TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
Sat Project+this morning (part of my BSITSEC Program at WGU) and passed with an 808.

Studied for only 4 days before sitting the exam...it is pertinent to mention I do have some Project Management experience, albeit very limited.

In any case, preparation for the exam included:

Sybex: CompTia Project+ Official Study Guide
Pluralsight: Project+ CBT Videos (Didn't find very useful and the guys voice gets annoying VERY quickly).
Techexams: Several users in the Project+ Forums posted some very good notes that were useful in last minute cramming.

Overall, I found the examination mainly to be memorization of key terms, acronyms, processes and procedures...with a few calculations mixed in to calculate various EVMs using the typical formulas.

In any case, that's 19 Cus in the first month of my first term! Onto the next! icon_thumright.gif
* Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
* Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
* Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration

Comments

• DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • QueueQueue Member Posts: 174 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I agree on the CBT guys voice.
  • zackmaxzackmax Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! You took the JK0 exam?
    So I am guessing you had to pass the final assessment of WGU before they issued a voucher?
    How was the assessment?
  • TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @ zackmax....No I sat the PK0-003 Exam. There is no OA for C176, you just request approval for the Certification when you feel ready.
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • zackmaxzackmax Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's strange. Some people told me that project+ voucher that WGU issue is for JK0-017 exam.