Options

CISSP CPE from reading CISA Review Manual

spenaspena Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey, passed my CISA exam and read the CISA Review Manual couple of times in the process.

Can I claim CPE hours for reading/studying the CISA Review Manual under "Read Cyber Security Book (Group A)" along with a 150 word summary?

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    If you claim a book you need to upload a 150 word summary, but I'm not sure if they would accept a study guide as a "cyber security book". A safest bet would be submitting it as self-study for a cert.
    Members who have studied to obtain an additional professional certification and are awarded that certification can claim up to 30 CPE credits for the preparation or self-study work they did to achieve that certification. If the additional certification is related to the domains of members’ (ISC)2
    credential, they would earn 30 Group A credits. If the additional certification is not related to the domains of members’ (ISC)2
    credential, they would earn 30 Group B credits. Members should keep documentation of hours spent earning the CPE credits submitted under this
    category. In the event that they are audited, members are required to provide their records.
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Are you trying to double dip or something? Just submit for the certification and keep moving!
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Cheeky at best and likely doesn't qualify because its a study guide.

Taken farther, if you write a 650-750 word review you can take 10 CPEs for that measure. Go read a good security book or take a look at some of the past reviews. There are a surprisingly small number people have completed over the years and get a feel for what is acceptable by both the ISC(2) and the community as a whole as we are the ISC(2) as well.

Anyone who has looked at the ever burgeoning requirements at the beginning of a cert cycle and wondered how much time it will take (it always looks daunting to me at least) to complete that monster. Rest assured you just chip away at it over 3 years and in my case 140 CPEs and it takes care of itself. Really, I have more trouble finding interesting ways of solving the Type B requirement than the much larger Type A.

- b/eads