Options

CEH vs FedVTE course

dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
hello. long story short, i had no intention of taking the CEH but did the FedVTE course on it and passed the 50 pt practice quiz at the end with a 78% without putting much effort into it. how does the real test compare to the FedVTE test? is it worth it for me to take the real test without anymore studying? i say that because i am currently studying for the CISSP and don't want to get too distracted from that but if it is comparable to the FedVTE test then i may take it now to get it out of the way

Comments

• Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Take the assessment on the CEH website...don't know about the FedVTE exam.
  • Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    dhay13 wrote: »
    hello. long story short, i had no intention of taking the CEH but did the FedVTE course on it and passed the 50 pt practice quiz at the end with a 78% without putting much effort into it. how does the real test compare to the FedVTE test? is it worth it for me to take the real test without anymore studying? i say that because i am currently studying for the CISSP and don't want to get too distracted from that but if it is comparable to the FedVTE test then i may take it now to get it out of the way
    The training on FedVTE is based on the CEHv8 material. The modern test is v9 and from what I understand there is a notable difference in what's tested.
  • Options
    dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for the feedback. Still weighing my options. May look into the SSCP instead of the CEH. CEH is pretty steep. I will let you know which way I go with this
  • Options
    mbarrettmbarrett Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ertaz wrote: »
    The training on FedVTE is based on the CEHv8 material. The modern test is v9 and from what I understand there is a notable difference in what's tested.

Indeed, it is v8 training. If you want to get a practice test, I'd suggest another source such as Boson (not sure if they're on v9, but they're probably updated more frequently than VTE)
  • Options
    BuzzSawBuzzSaw Member Posts: 259 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mbarrett wrote: »
    Indeed, it is v8 training. If you want to get a practice test, I'd suggest another source such as Boson (not sure if they're on v9, but they're probably updated more frequently than VTE)

Absolutely agree on this.

It's steep, but I would look into the Boson ExamSIM. If you can pass that without much effort, you'd be pretty well set to for the actual exam with some light study.

Unfortunately the assessment on the website for CEH isn't that great IMO.