Passed C|EHv9 Today

firemike314firemike314 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
TO be honest I thought it was very safe forward and had no difficulty taking it. I do see the basic concepts for CND purposes, however I do not understand the hype on it. For as simple as it was I am great full I passed. What I used to study is listed below:

SKill Set Pro
C|EHv9 form Sybex
The practice test from Blockmon for CEHv9

That was about it. The test itself is pretty straight forward and only requires a little studying depending on your background. If you have worked in a JOC, NOC, or SOC then you should do just fine. If you haven't then you should brush up on a few things do some practice tests get Security + first then take C|EH.icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• productproduct Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    well done !
    Hope you dont mind if I ask ; is Skillset really worth the money? It seems to be like you get the videos ..and you can skip the freetext answers other than that its the same as free - is that it?
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! What's next?
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • firemike314firemike314 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Analyst + Beta August 30th then CISSP October 25th. You buddy??
    Working on a Master's in Cyber Security, but as far as a cert I want to do the CISSP next.
    That's funny I am working on my MSISO right now as well. Master of Science in Information Security Operations. Looks like we graduate at the same time as well!!!!! icon_smile.gif
    Sweet! Congrats!
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • j2theboogyj2theboogy Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I'm taking this test tomorrow for the Masters requirement at WGU. I've been in Security Engineering with the DoD for about six years as well. It's reassuring to hear that someone in a similar situation had a easy time with the test. I get extreme anxiety when taking these tests...
    Are you in agreement that the Boson test questions were an accurate representation of the exam? I'm assuming that was auto-corrected to Blockmon in your original post?
  • BuzzSawBuzzSaw Member Posts: 259 ■■■□□□□□□□
    j2theboogy wrote: »
    Are you in agreement that the Boson test questions were an accurate representation of the exam? I'm assuming that was auto-corrected to Blockmon in your original post?

I cant answer for the OP, but in my experience I think the Boson examsim was worth the money.

To the OP: congrats
    Thanks Buzzsaw, I am using them as preparation for my attempt tomorrow. I got the sense from other posts that they were worth it.
    j2theboogy wrote: »
    Thanks Buzzsaw, I am using them as preparation for my attempt tomorrow. I got the sense from other posts that they were worth it.

tomorrow? good luck! let us know how it goes.
    I think the Blockmon book had some wrong answers I feel. Over all though I think it helped me prepare. The test is very easy though.
    When do you get your log in information and certificate from EC-Council all I got was a pass. No score or anything just a print out.
    I think that there are more things to offer like personal test engines that it finds your weak spots and brings up your ready score for 99 Dollars. To me it was worth it.
  • H@pp3n!ngH@pp3n!ng Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    product wrote: »
    well done !
    Hope you dont mind if I ask ; is Skillset really worth the money? It seems to be like you get the videos ..and you can skip the freetext answers other than that its the same as free - is that it?
    Congrats @OP !!
    @product- SkillSet Basic is sufficient, Yesterday I passed CEH V9; have posted my experience awaiting Mod's approval.
    I think that there are more things to offer like personal test engines that it finds your weak spots and brings up your ready score for 99 Dollars. To me it was worth it.

Appreciate the response, I've run through the testing engine and averaged about an 88%...it helped me identify things that I need to focus on in the last 24 hours (SNORT and policies seem to be the big ones for me). I think the key for me is going to be reading through each question and answer set...I tend to try and hurry through.

Do you think that the questions are designed to eliminate obviously wrong answers? Based on the response in other threads I'm getting the picture that they are not written to include many blatantly incorrect choices.
    The answers are well enough explained that the concepts should help you out more than enough. The test engine on SKill set was also good, but its up to you. CASP and my Sec + helped me out enough I found the test some what easy. Same as I think of CISSP except from an auditor an management perspective.
  • ahmed-531ahmed-531 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Mike,

Can you please guide me, should i go for EC-Council's CEHv9 full courseware which costs 1400$ or is there any other way.( i cannot afford this amount; i dont live in US .. icon_sad.gif

My Background being Network Security Engineer and having experience 2+ years.

Thanks alot
    SKill Set Pro
    C|EHv9 form Sybex
    The practice test from Blockmon for CEHv9

This should be enough.
  • H@pp3n!ngH@pp3n!ng Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ahmed-531 wrote: »
    Hi Mike,

Can you please guide me, should i go for EC-Council's CEHv9 full courseware which costs 1400$ or is there any other way.( i cannot afford this amount; i dont live in US .. icon_sad.gif

My Background being Network Security Engineer and having experience 2+ years.

Thanks alot
    Congrats @OP on your latest success.

@ahmed-531- From my personal experience, SkillSet Basic should suffice, I have briefed out my experience on CEH V9 which I took & passed on 19th August(awaiting MOD's approval).
    When do you get your log in information and certificate from EC-Council all I got was a pass. No score or anything just a print out.

You should get it within 2-3 weeks in my experience. Once you have that you will also get to see a more detailed report of your score

Congrats by the way
  • whoknewwhoknew Member Posts: 49 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats to firemike314 & anyone else who passed. I just passed this afternoon using similar materials to firemike314:

1. Sybex CEHv9 Study Guide (lots of questions/practice exams on-line)
    2. Sybex CEHv9 Practice Tests Book (even MORE questions/practice exams on-line)
    3. Skillset Pro (took 5 or 6 of their 150 question practice tests)
    4. 12 week Penetration Testing course w/ labs at local community college
    5. Watched a ton of Mr. Robot....especially the exploits
    "I got a BAD feeling about this..."

What's Next: CISM, CompTIA CySA+ & PenTest+, OSCP, CCNP Security, GSEC, GPEN