Options

Need to renew my CISSP - two weeks until expiration

poguepogue Member Posts: 213
I just paid my last yearly maintenance fee, and I have all my CPEs. I passed my CISSP initially on 6 September, 2013.

I don't see anything on the site about renewal except that I will be "sent a package". I am currently overseas in Germany, and need to make sure I renew my certification prior to September 6th.. My job depends on it. Waiting on a package in the mail is not going to get it done on time.

Anyone who has been through a renewal cycle that can give me any tips on how I might expedite this process, or... Given that I am two weeks out and have all fees paid/CPEs completed... Do I have anything to worry about?

For full disclosure, my boss is getting automated emails on my upcoming expiration... icon_smile.gif

Russ
Currently working on: CCNA:Security
Up next: CCNA:Voice

Comments

• Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    pogue wrote: »
    I just paid my last yearly maintenance fee, and I have all my CPEs. I passed my CISSP initially on 6 September, 2013.

I don't see anything on the site about renewal except that I will be "sent a package". I am currently overseas in Germany, and need to make sure I renew my certification prior to September 6th.. My job depends on it. Waiting on a package in the mail is not going to get it done on time.

Anyone who has been through a renewal cycle that can give me any tips on how I might expedite this process, or... Given that I am two weeks out and have all fees paid/CPEs completed... Do I have anything to worry about?

For full disclosure, my boss is getting automated emails on my upcoming expiration... icon_smile.gif

Russ
    I'm subscribing.
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    What kind of package do you need? That doesn't make sense it wouldn't just renew if you have everything complete.
  • Options
    TechGuru80 wrote: »
    What kind of package do you need? That doesn't make sense it wouldn't just renew if you have everything complete.

No idea... I have paid my $255.00 worth of fees through September, 2016, and have 125 CPEs, whereas 120 are required.

Neither my profile nor the website itself is giving me any guidance on how to renew past the 3 year mark. icon_sad.gif

Russ
  • Options
    I chatted with ISC2 today.. Turns out that my certification will "auto-renew" the day after it expires.

This is a bit retarded. Both my boss and I will continue to get alerts about my upcoming expiration until I get my new certificate uploaded.... And I can't get it uploaded until the day after it looks like it expires.

Sigh.

Russ
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Well at least there isn't something crazy excessive to do for renewal.
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yeah as long as the CPEs are there and both Type A and Type B have been filled AND you've paid your fees well ahead of time AND your not selected for the 10% random audit - its pretty much automagically renewed.

About to do my second full renewal February 2017 or certified since 2006. The waiting never gets old does it?

- b/eads
  • Options
    BadIdeaBadIdea Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    At the end of your three-year certification cycle, when you meet both your required CPE credits and Annual Maintenance Fee (AMF) payments, your renewal to a new three-year certification cycle will be processed. You will receive a renewal package via postal mail, which includes a new certificate and ID card.