Passed CISSP 8/20

PabloEscobarPabloEscobar Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello guys thanks to Dr. Eric Cole and SANS i was able to pass the CISSP yesterday. I just wanted to give you all some heads up about what I remember from the test:

1. I got about five questions on polyinstantiation. Which was very very briefly covered if it all in my training. If you take your time and do some deduction you can get it down to a 50/50 without really knowing the concept. I would read up on it for sure for upcoming test takers.

2. I got 3 or 4 questions on L2TP. Two I believe were multiple choice and there were two in a scenario question.

3. Know your web application vulnerabilities. I got one question each on XSS, SQL injection, and Clickjacking. I would recommend making sure you know how OWASP top ten vulnerabilities exploit web apps.

Also my test taking tip would be to do a data **** at the beginning of the exam. At the pearson location they gave me an eraseable marker and 4 page pad. The first thing i did was write down all the ordered lists i committed to memory like the 6 step incident response, the attack kill chain, all of the symmetric and asymmetric ciphers etc. I did that for about 10 minutes before i started the test and it helped me in the log run (4 hours later).

Much success to you all!icon_thumright.gif

Comments

• pinksjpinksj Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulation on the passing @PabloEscobar. Also thanking for sharing some of the questions and experiance with the CISSP.

I am doing an intensive study during weekends and squeezing time during weekdays.

I have a question for you. How long did you take to schedule the exam and what material did you use for the study.
  • PabloEscobarPabloEscobar Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    pinksj I didn't wait to schedule the exam because I need a deadline to shoot for. I took the SANS MGT414 CISSP prep on demand class taught by Eric Cole. He has a 98% pass rating of people that took his class.

The on demand is a little more difficult because its all audio no visual. It's about 46 hours of audio material. I went through the material about 1 and a half times over 6 weeks.

During the six weeks I studied during all my spare time. After work every day and all day on the weekends. I took notes on almost everything that was covered in the material. The practice tests provided by the course were really helpful.

I also made about 150 of my own flashcards and reviewed them before the test. I would suggest making your own flash cards instead of using already created ones as writing the information helped me commit it to memory.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • protacticusprotacticus Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing! icon_smile.gif
  • ruzaj36ruzaj36 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats mate!
  • pinksjpinksj Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @ PabloEscobar: Thank you for information. I totally agree with making notes this would reinforce the concepts and will make flashcards as suggested.
  • Ripdog66Ripdog66 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What is everyone's opinion of the McGraw-Hill practice tests? I find them to be counter-intuitive in the manner they explain a missed question.
    I'm trying to use every type of practice test I can find- CCCure, Conrad's, the AIO tests on the CD that came with the book..... any other one's recommended? thank you!
  • cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 250 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! What is your next certification journey?
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • clintoniaclintonia Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone! sorry i hadn't logged into this forum in awhile.
    Congrats on the pass! What is your next certification journey?

Thanks! My next target is the ISACA CRISC that I'm preparing for now
    pinksj wrote: »
    @ PabloEscobar: Thank you for information. I totally agree with making notes this would reinforce the concepts and will make flashcards as suggested.

Yes,writing down the questions and answers yourself makes a huge difference