CISM DB test scores

letsrockcertletsrockcert Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Are you all getting ready for Sep CISM.

My score in DB for first 400 questions - 68 and rest of about 600 questions is 72% ( I got hang of ISACA way of asking questions)
What do you think of this score based on your experience.

I tried answering only trouble questions in the each chapters and scoring only 50% in that.
Will try to read this week and try all questions next week in set of 100.

Comments

• Resonate!Resonate! Member Posts: 23 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Some raw info. I had ~70% after the first full round of the DB, it allowed getting a hint about the weak areas. There were still a couple of months to improve them as well as for practicing more questions. You might not be able to fully avoid memorizing some questions if you practice constantly, but if you do understand over 90% of the DB choices, you should definitely feel positive taking the exam.
    I was finally hitting ~95% on a regular basis before the test, and the exam score appeared in top 5%.
  • letsrockcertletsrockcert Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for the info!! I am getting some confidence now!
  • ArchonArchon Member Posts: 183 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My overall score is 73% but getting 80-90% generally now. I have this week off for revision so hopefully that will improve.
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    When I first started the DB I was 50-60%. Before I tested I was consistently hitting 80-85% and I scored in the top 20%.
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • ArchonArchon Member Posts: 183 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So mastering the DB questions puts you in a good position to pass the exam then.
  • senjeysenjey Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you all! I am scoring average of 86% now!! Not sure if I have to review the book again!
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Archon wrote: »
    So mastering the DB questions puts you in a good position to pass the exam then.

Not necessarily. I'd say it gives you an idea of if you know the concepts and how ISACA asks questions. One thing you have to be careful of is when you take the DB questions over and over again, eventually you start to memorize the answers. When you get to a point where you think that is happening (like it did for me), take a break for a week or so. Give your brain a rest then go back and see how you do.
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS