Options

Taking CEH early September

Lunch_boxLunch_box Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Greetings everyone icon_smile.gif This is my first post here on TechExams.

I will be taking my CEH exam around the first two weeks of September. I have been in the IT field for roughly 7 years but had been more on the HelpDesk and SysAdmin side of things. I am beginning my transition into security. I earned my Security + certification back in 2013 but was a young knucklehead and let it expire, unfortunately. I am all set with paying $500.00 for a college course where someone will teach me for 3 months on things that I already know, just to turn around and pay full price for the certification; that's why I will be doing this on my own time.

The resources I've been using:

Previous knowledge in IT
My CCNA college course material
CEH v9 Study Guide by Sean-Philip Oriyano
SkillSet
Forums from numerous tech sites

I am excited to get back on the certification train. It has been too long and I am in need of a challenge and something to kick start my career. I realize this is an entry level certification, but I am getting it to help build a foundation for myself.

-Lunchbox

Comments

• Options
    shoeyshoey Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Best of luck!
    "I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
  • Options
    BuzzSawBuzzSaw Member Posts: 259 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck buddy!

I would recommend adding Matt Walkers All in One book (maybe even in place of the sybex) and maybe even the Boson ExamSim - both of those helped me a bunch!