Options

What is the difference between these technolgies ? DCV vs NV ?

saddayzsaddayz Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
Can you help me to understand what is the difference between Data center track and network virtualization track. I want to get knowledge on network virtualization. But now i see that DC track is even more popular.. maybe you can advice me on some cert that would get to my base knowledge about network virtualization ?

Thanks..

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I wouldn't worry about the cert (it'd be the VCP:NV by the way) at this stage, instead take the time to work through VMware's Hands-on Labs, read the accompanying manual and go from there.

The datacenter track is focused on virtualizing servers. The NV track, you guessed it, is about virtualizing the network. Historically, empirically and anecdotally, getting Networks teams to give you IPs, subnets etc has been the one thing that has taken the longest. The NSX product aims to cut down that time.

As for popularity, yes the DCV track has always been in demand. We can see demand for NSX picking up too. More importantly, where do your interests lie and do you have experience with networking in general? CCNA:R&S level experience and knowledge is generally recommended.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    saddayzsaddayz Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hello,

Thanks, for fast answer! yes, i have some certs like CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security. But still dont feel ready for CCIE LAB. So in that mean time i want to improve myself on other "class". I think i want something base associate level from DC or SDN type of thing. Now DC is more popular than SDN, and as i understand it have some parts of SDN too. So, what data center certification would you recommend? Something from Vmware ? or cisco dc track ? Thanks you, again:)
  • Options
    Chris_WessChris_Wess Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Data center virtualization is designed to measure level of skill designing, installing and managing VMware vSphere in real world environment. Network virtualization refers to the management and monitoring of an entire computer network as a single administrative entity from a single software-based administrator’s console.