CGEIT June 2016 Exam Experience and Results.

JazzPilot56JazzPilot56 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
There's a "CRISC June 2016 Exam Experience and Results Thread" - so I thought I'd start a similar thread for the CGEIT.

I took mine in Columbus, OH at the Convention Center - coincidentally the "Midwest Haunters Convention" was simultaneously being held at the same Convention Center.

In addition to the loud noise and partying throughout the exam (thank goodness for earplugs), it was amusing to see people covered in makeup and fake blood with knives in their necks after finishing the exam..... (hoping that wasn't a bad omen).

Regarding the CRISC, I took that on 12/11/15 and got results on 1/29/16, so hoping for CGEIT results on 7/29 (they're usually released on a Friday), worst case 8/5.

-Will

Comments

• anmohaanmoha Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for starting the thread JazzPilot56. I am also hopeful for a 7/29 CGEIT results notification... Though Friday results has become the norm, my personal experience has been different:

Saturday, June 9, 2012 CISA Exam, received Result Notification on Wednesday, August 1, 2012 (53 days or 7 weeks and 4 days)
    Saturday, June 8, 2013 CRISC Exam, received Result Notification on Tuesday, July 23, 2013 (45 days or 6 weeks and 3 days)
    Saturday, June 13, 2015 CISM Exam, received Result Notification on Friday, July 17, 2015 (34 days or 4 weeks and 6 days)
  • JazzPilot56JazzPilot56 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Point taken anmoha - I changed it from always to usually as my previous three exams results (CISM, CISA, CRISC) were all on a Friday. This is the anxious time (the last week or so), at least from my perspective. I'm not overly concerned as I passed the previous 3 tests in either top 5 or top 10 percent. Just looking forward to getting the results, submitting the app, and, hopefully, getting the cert. Congrats on your three certs; hopefully, we'll both have all 4 shortly.
    I was just completely surprised when I checked my email and saw my CGEIT results notification, very thankful that I passed! Hope you did as well JazzPilot56.
    Yes; just got mine as well, and likewise thankfully a pass.
    Thanks JazzPilot56... so that's it, CISA, CRISC, CISM, CGEIT... we are done now, finally?
    Done for ISACA. I completed and submitted my application with signed attestation along with the $50 fee last night. Let's see how long it takes for the approval and certification. Hopefully not more than 5 weeks. Will let you know.

Actually, just checked emails from my CRISC Certification application process and noted this from ISACA - "This processing can take up to 4-6 weeks."

It took 40 days from the time my application was submitted and certification email was received (35 days from acknowledgement of receipt to certification).

Hopefully that helps for others who have applied (for either CRISC or CGEIT).
    As for certifications, there are still a few more I want to get, possibly - PMP, CISSP-ISSAP, TOGAF, ITILv3; and I'm still considering starting a Doctorate in Cyber Security and Information Assurance program this fall. We'll see.
    ISACA confirmed today that they have my application for certification. And included the notice "This processing can take up to 4-6 weeks."
    I haven't received that notice yet... Did you send your app to "certification@isaca.org"? So far I just got the automated: "Your question has been received." response from them.
    I have an inside contact, will private message you the info.
    My status has been changed to:

Application Status:

Complete-Under Review

Well, thanks for the update and congrats on making it to the next review level. I still have not heard anything, my app status is simply unreviewed. Thankfully, I have a lot on my plate at the moment, which is a welcome distraction from this next round in the ISACA waiting game...
    Checked this morning and Application Status has been changed to 'Approved'; however, Certification Status still shows 'Not Certified'.
    Check again, mine just changed to "Certified".
    Yes, likewise. Just waiting for email with Acclaim badge link.

Congrats!
    Ok, got the email at 15:29EDT. Done.
    Same here, I got the ISACA certification notification email yesterday afternoon, about six hours after I noticed the status change online. Last year, I got the Acclaim email 24 hours after the ISACA email, so looking for that later today. Nice sharing this journey with you, good luck in your future endeavors.
    I didn't get the Acclaim email yet, but I saw it on their website and then I saw the "Accept Badge" link on my CGEIT Certification page on ISACA's website. I accepted via that link and all done. Congrats again JazzPilot56.
  • ISACAexamISACAexam Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can someone provide his experience of preparing for CGEIT exam. Is official CGEIT review manual and CGEIT question answer book sufficient to prepare for the exam. How difficult is it from CISA & CISM exams.
  • DeReDDeReD Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes, i would also like some info on prep for CGEIT.