A+ hardware

tangytangy Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just passed A+hardware. Wasnt what i expected. Im glad i read all the books, learnt a lot. although in this test i found the books kind of useless. Maybe having experience with computers would help, only had 3weeks to learn within my course. Had a couple of network/printers/cabling questions . apart from that id say 70% of this test was helpdesk related / scenarios. but hey a pass is a pass. My score was **** 550 heh. i hope my future employees dont get to see the scores. The only way to get better is to have hands on. flag books and that.

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    tangy wrote:
    J.. My score was **** 550 heh. i hope my future employees dont get to see the scores.

Congrats!

A pass is a pass. And just like no one puts their GPA on a resume, I've never heard of someone asking about scores on exams. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen, I've never met anyone who has been asked and I've not been asked myself.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • oldtecholdtech Member Posts: 103
    well done
    Try til it hurts then try some more
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the pass!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • ricktearicktea Inactive Imported Users Posts: 118
    Hi, congrats, can you explan what you mean, help desk related questions, 70 percent.

It would seem a waste of time, if Mike Meyers, and all of the othe
    many companies, including Comptia who say that the test questions
    will reflect the A PLUS OBJECTIVES, go to the effort to put out all
    these books cbt', etc, and then the test has nothing to do with
    the objectives. Rick
    Richard Krenzel
  • DirtySouthDirtySouth Member Posts: 314 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!

I would imagine by 'helpdesk questions', he probably means questions like, "If X & Y were to happen you would...A, B, C or D"
  • kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    Having taken 3 CompTIA exams since July, I can also say that there are several customer service-type questions on the test, this may be what he was alluding to as well. These types of questions are based on common sense and/or real-world experience, and are not going to be covered very deeply in any book.