Options

EC-Council iLabs

bamahonkybamahonky Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
Anyone had any experience with the EC-Council iLabs? Looks like $199 for 6 months of access.

Comments

• Options
    shoeyshoey Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Honestly... if it's anything like their official courseware - I'd say skip it. If you're wanting to use it to study for the CEH or CHFI, just download kali, and run the tools on against your own home network...

After purchasing the official courseware... I was quite disappointed. The only some what useful item in the bundle was the library of (mostly) outdated tools. Kali is free, and has all the tools you'll need for CEH/CHFI.
    "I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
  • Options
    Kuvuli21Kuvuli21 Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Shoey is right, I prefer Kali. and run the guidelines of the exams objectives by real time against your own home network...don't do it against someone elses...because you know...that's all illegal and what not. icon_twisted.gif

and Hail Shoey, 804 RVA raised and born. Glad to see someone else from VA.
    Currently studying: 70-680 Windows 7: Configuring

2017-2018 goals: 70-685, Server 2012, CWNP, SSCP and/or CCNA.
  • Options
    shoeyshoey Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kuvuli21 wrote: »
    ...and Hail Shoey, 804 RVA raised and born. Glad to see someone else from VA.

From VA and also was 11B!
    "I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
  • Options
    I'm telling you bro, thats just awesome. I don't meet many guys from VA that had the balls to go 11B and when we were at war with Iraqistan. I know I got quite a few deployments under my belt in that shithole of a country...Iraq.

• Options
    Hey Bamahonky I suggest you check out plural sight I got a subscription and I love it. I've watched CBT nuggets (not the current version though) and they are good also. Lynda.com has some videos..I just don't know if I trust Lynda.com on CEH. Gut feeling sort of thing you know? lol.

Let me know if I can help in anyway man.

• Options
    bamahonkybamahonky Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the input guys. I have had similar responses when I asked others. For now, I just have my laptop running a VM of Kali, a couple of cisco devices, and a couple of old windows server boxes to run my scans against.