Best study material for CISSP

pupdawgpupdawg Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Group,

Newbie here! I am thinking about taking CISSP in next couple of months and have a few questions:

1) What is the average time frame to prepare for it?
2) What is the best study material to prepare for it?

Thanks for your answers in advance. Looking forward to being a part of this community.

Comments

• ankit2455ankit2455 Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Time frame can vary from one person to another and regarding material, Sybex book is good for a start
  • pupdawgpupdawg Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks. What do you think about Shon Harris' book? Thanks
  • heyyydaveheyyydave Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    From reading various forums and study plans from others who have passed most said the shon harris book has way to much fluff and the sybex book is way better and easier to get through. Also the sybex practice exams are supposedly the most realistic questions out there. I'm currently reading the sybex book and its pretty easy to sit down and breeze through about 50 pages at a time without getting worn out. Also if you havent heard of the Cybrary.it cissp videos from Kelly, they are awesome and after you get a foundation with the sybex book it is highly recommended to watch the videos because kelly makes it much easier to understand. Also near the end of you studying when getting closer to exam day I've heard the 11th hour book from Eric Conrad is really good refresher book to read 2 weeks or so before the exam also take study questions. I'm giving my self 2 months to study at 3/hr a day min. First reading the sybex book cover to cover, at about 50% my way through the book im going to start watching kelly's Cybrary videos (all that done in 1 month...well thats the plan) Last month before test buy CCCure take practice test 25 questions at least 5 times a day, take sybex 250 question exams every saturday. Also buy the 11th hour book and read that 2 weeks before i take the exam. Also there is a pod cast from Cybersecstudy https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/cissp-training/id969825909?mt=2 that i listen too as every time i hop in the car. I've done a bunch of research in my study material before making this plan, also its good to write up your plan in a calendar form or word doc to push yourself to stick to it. Good luck in your venture.
  • runner123runner123 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    heyyydave wrote: »
    From reading various forums and study plans from others who have passed most said the shon harris book has way to much fluff and the sybex book is way better and easier to get through. Also the sybex practice exams are supposedly the most realistic questions out there. I'm currently reading the sybex book and its pretty easy to sit down and breeze through about 50 pages at a time without getting worn out. Also if you havent heard of the Cybrary.it cissp videos from Kelly, they are awesome and after you get a foundation with the sybex book it is highly recommended to watch the videos because kelly makes it much easier to understand. Also near the end of you studying when getting closer to exam day I've heard the 11th hour book from Eric Conrad is really good refresher book to read 2 weeks or so before the exam also take study questions. I'm giving my self 2 months to study at 3/hr a day min. First reading the sybex book cover to cover, at about 50% my way through the book im going to start watching kelly's Cybrary videos (all that done in 1 month...well thats the plan) Last month before test buy CCCure take practice test 25 questions at least 5 times a day, take sybex 250 question exams every saturday. Also buy the 11th hour book and read that 2 weeks before i take the exam. Also there is a pod cast from Cybersecstudy https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/cissp-training/id969825909?mt=2 that i listen too as every time i hop in the car. I've done a bunch of research in my study material before making this plan, also its good to write up your plan in a calendar form or word doc to push yourself to stick to it. Good luck in your venture.
    Hi, can you please share a link to download Sybex 7th edition ?
  • pupdawgpupdawg Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • heyyydaveheyyydave Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    have you already bought the book?
  • BerkshireHerdBerkshireHerd Member Posts: 185
    Just got the Sybex from Amazon yesterday, cracked Chapter 1 last night. So far a rehash of S+, starting with basic CIA triad.
    Identity & Access Manager // B.A - Marshall University 2005