Active Directory/Group Policy

sillymcnastysillymcnasty Member Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey:

So I'm trying to improve on my actual skills, and I don't intend to obtain a cert about this stuff, but I want to know if anyone knows of any good resources to have a fair understanding of active directory and group policy? Either a website, book, tutorial, CBT/Lynda/etc, labs?

I currently have CCNA, but a lot of jobs list AD and GP in the skills. So, time to learn!

Comments

• Quench24Quench24 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey,

I'd like to learn about that too. Think we could set up a time to discuss what we already know on Skype or Curse or something?

Thanks,

-W
  • sillymcnastysillymcnasty Member Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Quench24 wrote: »
    Hey,

I'd like to learn about that too. Think we could set up a time to discuss what we already know on Skype or Curse or something?

Thanks,

-W

Ha, I don't have any working knowledge of it. I just know what they do, not to implement them.
    Active Directory maintains users ....
    Group Policy maintains user's rights.

Wait I think that's wrong. What do these two things do?
  • PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Group Policy controls computer settings and user preferences. These can be local policies on the machine, or domain policies from AD. If you are using Active Directory to maintain Group Policy, you can control the computers and users in your environment from AD.

Quick 30-minute overview: https://mva.microsoft.com/en-US/training-courses/preparing-for-the-supporting-windows-81-exam-70688-5872?l=ITEM_21
    Thanks for that reply.

You used really good language. What does Active Directory do?
  • PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Quench24 wrote: »
    You used really good language.
    Um, thanks?