Passed 300-115!

Sy KosysSy Kosys Member Posts: 105 ■■■□□□□□□□
958 / 1000

Had an hour to spare, too. Guess I overprepared lol. Methods used:
- at-home lab with more switches than needed
- OCG and the FLG
- Both old and new lab manuals
- spent at least an hour every night since late April, some nights no study, most nights 3 hrs
- CBT Nuggets videos, Jeremy Cioara for the main track and Keith Barker for the hands-on labs

Anyways, taking the week off for brain-break before delving into more work-certs.

Does TE have a for-sale or wanted section? I'm looking to part ways with some of my gear...
"The size of your dreams must always exceed your current capacity to achieve them. If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough.”
― Ellen Johnson Sirleaf

Comments

• clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congratulations

and there is the for sale sticky: http://www.techexams.net/forums/general-certification/3161-sale-38.html#post1041756

Being over prepared for an exam is always better then being under prepared.

The only time learning too much is a bad thing is when you never get to apply it.
  • DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • Sy KosysSy Kosys Member Posts: 105 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah I was telling my better half the same thing last night. I'd rather kill myself and have all concepts down than half-azz it and hope for the best. It was spooky though, 15 minutes into the exam and had 11 questions left. Seriously, i tapped the breaks and told myself to focus lol.

Anywho, thanks for the for sale section links. I swear I'm searching for this stuff before I ask! hahaha
    "The size of your dreams must always exceed your current capacity to achieve them. If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough.”
    ― Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
  • GwhizZGwhizZ Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nicely done dude, smashed it! icon_thumright.gif
    Thanks Gwhiz! I spent the weekend and even a few minutes this morning revisiting the dot1x sim, and sure enuff....

I probably misspelled my name and got docked 42 points :/
    ― Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
  • flying_postmanflying_postman Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, strangely enough I failed my attempt this morning 780 :\ (actually this is the 1st cert I've ever failed) I felt confident enough during the exam and I was certain on the sims (except I made a small error on one of the sims looking back). I'm thinking of trying on the 22nd or 26th since my certs (CCNA:RS,Voice and Route exam) expire on the 5th Sept.
    780 is a gut punch, i think passing is 790 ?

Sorry to hear that man, I failed my composite ccna by the same margin and it really messed with me. Good luck on your next one!
    ― Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats Sy Kosys! Did you already do the Route exam?
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
    No sir, Switch is my first foray into the professional-level exams. I want to get the other two before moving next year, but my Check Point certs are now priority, and for the same reason.

On that note, my buddy at work was saying that I have 1 year from today to obtain Route and TShoot in order to get the CCNP R&S cert. Is this correct?
    ― Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
    I believe you actually have 3 years minus one day from today to take the Switch or T-Shoot, correct me if I'm wrong guys.
    Yeah thats the confusing part of this. I know I've got 3yrs to refresh this, but is there the same 3yr timeframe for "completing" the CCNP R & S track, or is it 1year for the full track? Trying to decipher this on cisco side too for clarifications
    ― Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
    According to Jeremy Ciora, every exam lasts for 3 years. Just went over the CCNP CBT Nuggets, so what I posted before is valid. Excellent material by the way if you don't have it already.
  • thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm pretty sure you passing SWITCH renews all of your lower level certs for 3 years. However, you have to complete ROUTE and TSHOOT within 3 years of completing your SWITCH otherwise all your other certs expire. That is unless you retook the CCNA exam, but then your SWITCH would be lost.
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Holy crap! What a score for I assume your 1st attempt. Congrats!
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
    @danny
    Yes! I have those too, plus the Keith Barker hands-on labs. Both were very very helpful, I should edit my initial post to reflect that :)

@thomas
    I have been under a similar impression, thinking that I could complete SWITCH and come back to ROUTE in 2 years to attain that and refresh SWITCH and CCNA. Then my buddy chimed in and left me scratching my head. Ahhh to hell with it, I'll contact Cisco directly just to have complete from-the-horse's-mouth info. I got the time lol

@Danielh
    Yeppers! First sit for this exam, and have been studying/labbing/etc since late April. My sheet shows 95% on L2 technologies, 100% on the other two, and I figure it was a BPDUfilter/guard question I got early on that I was unsure of all the answers (multiple choice).

My boss was quite happy to see me pass too, it's going into my file and will help when the annual review comes in a few months.

Having a beer or three to celebrate, tomorrow begins a new day.
    ― Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
    ^ I asked the proctor for my sheet after this morning (So I'll know which topics to brush up on for my resit) but she said I'll have to contact Pearson for that,which doesn't make sense to me. Since I remember I received a sheet with the topics when I sat Route in 2013. Can any one here clarify?
  • shortstop20shortstop20 Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You didn't receive a print out showing your score and breakdown by area?
    CCNA Security - 6/11/2018
    CCNP TShoot - 3/7/2018
    CCNP Route - 1/31/2018
    CCNP Switch - 12/10/2015
    CCNA R/S - 1/14/2015
    Nothing, she said to "I have to get in contact with Pearson" which I know is BS..
    Bunch o guano that is. I've tested 4 distinct times since 2012, receiving a printout each time.

I need to get a hold of Pearson for the billing aspects, as their site states the exam is $200 flat but charges $250
    ― Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
    Guys, I did the resit today and passed with a score of 937. (Although it did't feel any different from the 1st attempt with about 2 thirds of the questions being repeated). Anyway I'm just glad this is behind me (since it was due to expire on the 5th Sept). Now I'm going to spend September getting ready for Tshoot..
  • ITBotITBot Member Posts: 114 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    Nicely done. I'll pick ur brain about tshoot/resources later :)

BTW, did you get a printout this time?
    ― Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
  • TrucidoTrucido Member Posts: 250 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice score! Congrats!
    2017 Certification Goals
    CompTIA A+ [ ] CompTIA Net+ [ ] CompTIA Sec+ [ ] CCENT [ ] ITIL [ ]