Options

300-115 Is this enough?

WonTonDonWonTonDon Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

Would just like to gauge your thoughts on whether this will be enough to pass the Switch exam, which I have booked for late Nov

-Udemy Chris Bryant videos
-CBT Nuggets (excl. lab vids)
-Cisco Official Cert Guide
-networklessons
-1 x 2950 & 1 x 3550 ( Guess i may need an extra switch for Stackwise chapters?)

Please kindly let me know of any other useful resources available.

Thanks!
Won

Comments

• Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What is "networklessons"?

The other stuff are good resources but your lab equipment is a bit weak. I would suggest adding at least another 2950 and 3550 at that bare minimum or doing labs via GNS3 or VIRL instead.

Your list of resources will definitely aid you in learning the technology to pass but it's going to come down to you learning the content.

I would also suggest Boson's Examsim Max for practice content that simulates the exam:
    300-115 SWITCH Practice Exam | Boson

... and also study the Blue Print and get comfortable with ALL topics listed.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    What is "networklessons"?

The other stuff are good resources but your lab equipment is a bit weak. I would suggest adding at least another 2950 and 3550 at that bare minimum or doing labs via GNS3 or VIRL instead.

Your list of resources will definitely aid you in learning the technology to pass but it's going to come down to you learning the content.

I would also suggest Boson's Examsim Max for practice content that simulates the exam:
    300-115 SWITCH Practice Exam | Boson

... and also study the Blue Print and get comfortable with ALL topics listed.

Hey Daniel

Thanks for the reply.

Networklessons is https://networklessons.com/cisco/ccnp-switch/

Not planning to invest in the videos, moreso the articles on the site. Aware I need to up my lab game, but these devices don't come cheap!!
  • Options
    Sy KosysSy Kosys Member Posts: 105 ■■■□□□□□□□
    WonTonDon wrote: »
    Aware I need to up my lab game, but these devices don't come cheap!!
    Well, thats kind of a relative statement. I put together a hardware lab that was to me inexpensive, but fit the bill for the exam topics and lab/workbooks.
    Just an FYI, the 2950 and 3550 are insufficient switch models to fully encompass the 300-115 exam. For a few bucks more (in some cases, literally) you can get 2960/3560's, and for the physical lab requirements you'll need at least 3 switches. Preferably 2x L3 (3560) and 1x L2 (2960), ideally 2 of each.

Stackwise is not available on any of these model switches, and the least expensive model I believe is the 3750 for this technology, which would add additional cost to the lab.

I'd also recommend the version 7 switch lab workbook, about $50 from amazon. Covers a lot of the topics and is a helluva lot better than the previous lab book, although still contains some glaring errors. But thats part of the fun though right? Error-correcting the lab books lol

Anyways, best of luck to ya!
    "The size of your dreams must always exceed your current capacity to achieve them. If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough.”
    ― Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
  • Options
    Hey

Thanks for the advice. Will look to get the switch models suggested and buy an additional one too.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    WonTonDon wrote: »
    Hey Daniel

Thanks for the reply.

Networklessons is https://networklessons.com/cisco/ccnp-switch/

Not planning to invest in the videos, moreso the articles on the site. Aware I need to up my lab game, but these devices don't come cheap!!

There is (was?) a single 3750 24TS-S on ebay this morning for $50 shipped from a reputable dealer. I cant link it at work, but search for it and it should be near the top. They had three...I bought one and someone else bought one today. Get another 2950 for STP and etherchannel configs.