Options

Anyone here use lab manual from Network Learning Inc?

RandyCCIE#TBDRandyCCIE#TBD Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
Have any of you diabolically brilliant chaps used the lab manual provided by http://www.ccbootcamp.com?

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I got the core docs (and IPv6) eBooks. The PDFs are password protected, in addition to the DRM stuff that requires occasional internet access (every couple of days) to update the security locally. It looks like you can "release" you license on one machine and "enable" it on another machine.

Even with the "annoying security" (I just printed them out in the 24 hours -- have lots of ink and paper) -- definite excellent Bang for the Buck ratio! icon_thumright.gif

I'll probably order the NLI Security Lab Workbook this week since there aren't that many labs (the usual 5) in the Security workbooks as compared to the R&S workbooks....... (got to remember to look for the ad link that shows up here and use it when I go to buy :D ) The IPExpert Sec Lab workbook was delivered yesterday, and I got the InternetworkExpert Sec Lab book months ago.

Haven't decided on the R&S workbooks -- time is an issue, so it might just be easier to spend the money and order the set when I get the Security Lab Workbook. I'm still trying to figure out where people get the time to do all those R&S practice labs, espcially when they get multiple vendor lab workbooks. I guess I'll be ordering the IE and IP R&S Lab Workbooks this week/next week too.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    DW [banned]DW [banned] Inactive Imported Users Posts: 240
  • Options
    I ordered the NLI Lab workbooks for Security and R&S (all 6 volumes) ...... still trying to figure out the Bang to the Buck ratio on Soup to Nuts.

Also ordered the InternetworkExpert R&S Lab Workbook. I got the Core labs when I got the Advanced Tech Labs and Security Workbook.

I've got my shopping list for IPExpert done.... but just realized I have to wake up in 4-1/2 hours. icon_lol.gif Oh well -- at least I didn't wait until tomorrow/today morning to check my calendar.

The IPExpert R&S Workbook and Proctor Guide are on my list. I'm debating the Class on Demand video and/or the Audio.... I'm not a big video study person, but I think I could do 15 hours. Not sure about the bang for the buck ratio on the Student Handbook....

Anyone got comments on the IPExpert Student Handbook or the COD or Audios?
  • Options
    NLI has an October special on the Soup and Workbook Combo! icon_lol.gif

Brad called to confirm my order since I ordered workbooks for 2 different labs (R&S and Security). I guess not too many people study for two different labs at one time..... But I think they may have called to confirm my first order which was the Platinum Package eBooks (core R&S, Sec, and IPv6).

That's how I found out about the Special! So I got to add Soup & Nuts to my order... I guess you could say I Souper Sized it icon_lol.gif

I probably have an eMail about the special I haven't read yet.... but its probably on the site too.

<edit: got my colors mixed up -- I got Platinum!!! >
  • Options
  • Options
    MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    Well, dang they are expensive :) So, I'm trying to decide which lab manual to buy...NLI or Internetwork Expert. I see some of you go with both, but my wallet can't afford that. So, which is best for overall quality and of course the explanations/answers must be on target.

Edit-actually, going through some more material, I'm thinking maybe I'll go with Internetwork Experts R&S Core Lab Workbook first. It has 10 4hour lab's...walk before you crawl, I reckon
  • Options
    MrD wrote:
    Well, dang they are expensive :) So, I'm trying to decide which lab manual to buy...NLI or Internetwork Expert.
    Yep, getting the CCIE isn't cheap.

The IP Expert appears to be an "all-in-one" with the technology/protocol mini-labs and then the full 8 hour labs. When you get the Workbook/Answer bundle, the price isn't that bad compared to getting the pieces separately elsewhere.

I started with the Cisco Press Practical Studies books and moved up to the Internetwork Expert Advanced Technology Labs and the NLI Core Docs/Labs eBooks.

I'm doing the Internetwork Expert Core Lab Workbook now.... and might try a couple of R&S 8 hours practice labs before I go into Security Lab panic mode.

My NLI order should be delivered tomorrow.... and I still haven't made the R&S IPExpert order.
  • Options
  • Options
    MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    So many choices, so little time....thanks for the input & help guys