Options

Pluralsight reviews?

Kuvuli21Kuvuli21 Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
How do you guys feel about Pluralsight for learning for Microsoft Certifications? They have 4 videos on this cert exam that totals 4.75 hours per lesson. total lessons/videos are 4.

Has anyone used them and has it helped? Is it any good?
Currently studying: 70-680 Windows 7: Configuring

2017-2018 goals: 70-685, Server 2012, CWNP, SSCP and/or CCNA.

Comments

• Options
    Well no replies. Anyways I've been using PluralSight. I like it, I can get CBT nuggets. they do have transcender exams..but $89.00 a month for CBT compared to $29.00 a month with Pluralsight.

• Options
    alokin123alokin123 Member Posts: 268
    I personally prefer cbt nuggets. I find plural site for MS stuff to be really boring. It feels like they are treating you as a beginner. CBT nuggets assumes you have some IT knowledge and an idea of what you are trying to do.

I still think CBT Nuggets is way over priced. Fair enough they have transcender exams but most of their videos series don't have equivalent transcender exams. They really need to rethink their price structure and options. I had a subscription with them a few years ago but it wasnt worth the money now that i have most of the certs i wanted. If you are starting out and want to do Windows 7 (10) and MCSA/MCSE then it would be a good investment as it was for me at the time.
  • Options
    iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Why not do a free trial for both?

Also, have you considered checking out the free Microsoft Virtual Academy: https://mva.microsoft.com/
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • Options
    alokin123alokin123 Member Posts: 268
    iBrokeIT wrote: »
    Why not do a free trial for both?

Also, have you considered checking out the free Microsoft Virtual Academy: https://mva.microsoft.com/

Correct. See which one you like best. There are plenty of other trainers out there with some good material with reasonable prices or free trials. Have you considered TestOut or ITDVDs?
  • Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Have you checked out IT Pro TV?
    They cheaper than CBT nuggets, and they offer the transcender tests.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    I haven't tried those two, I did already pay for a month of plural sight because of other videos besides just MS certification videos. I have a lot of CBT nugget videos already thanks to a good buddy of mine. I will look at those also. I got the measure up practice tests for the 70-680. A lot of people recommend those over other practice tests as they are supposedly closer to what they will be asking question wise from what I have heard from others who have passed the 70-680.

I also heard if I do 70-680 and 70-685 and go the server 2012 certs I can get the MCSA title. or whatever it was they replaced it with now as the new title..

can anyone confirm that as well? Microsoft's site still shows MCSA...they are horrible are on updating ANYTHING...