Passed CISSP Today - 8/23/16

HoopyFroodHoopyFrood Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed the exam this morning, thankfully on the first attempt. This forum was indispensable with helping me figure out the best way to prepare. Thank you everybody!

I used the 7th Edition Sybex book and online practice exams, and the Eric Conrad book (aka the book that you cant use a highlighter on). Both are excellent.

The main reason I passed, besides incredible amounts of study time and some experience, was Kelly Handerhan's Cybrary videos. They are fantastic and i recommend them highly.

I did use skillset - and paid for 3 months of Pro, however the quality of the content is questionable, and i believe it gave me a false sense of security on several domains that i should have spent more time on. Plus, they do not respond to emails.

That said, here are some highlights from the test:
Several questions on polyinstantation.
Lots of governance and audit questions.
Almost no cryptography questions, which was a surprise.
The interactive questions were very simple - I thought they would be more difficult.
Several IPSEC questions.

Thanks again everybody!

Comments

• danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Thanks for the write up!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • mandy7777mandy7777 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratsicon_cheers.gif
    When life gives you lemons, make lemonade:thumbup:
  • pinksjpinksj Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the success!!!!!!!!thank you for the details it helps me a lot.
  • SavvySavvy Member Posts: 15 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Looking at knocking out this exam myself later this year.
  • billDFWbillDFW Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Guys, how many months of study time did you allot for this exam ?
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • hugebrainhugebrain Member Posts: 11 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi :) Congrats .... How much time did you spend for préparation to all certification ?
    Thanks
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • DaniactualDaniactual Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    HoopyFrood wrote: »
    Passed the exam this morning, thankfully on the first attempt. This forum was indispensable with helping me figure out the best way to prepare. Thank you everybody!

I used the 7th Edition Sybex book and online practice exams, and the Eric Conrad book (aka the book that you cant use a highlighter on). Both are excellent.

The main reason I passed, besides incredible amounts of study time and some experience, was Kelly Handerhan's Cybrary videos. They are fantastic and i recommend them highly.

I did use skillset - and paid for 3 months of Pro, however the quality of the content is questionable, and i believe it gave me a false sense of security on several domains that i should have spent more time on. Plus, they do not respond to emails.

That said, here are some highlights from the test:
    Several questions on polyinstantation.
    Lots of governance and audit questions.
    Almost no cryptography questions, which was a surprise.
    The interactive questions were very simple - I thought they would be more difficult.
    Several IPSEC questions.

Thanks again everybody!

Hi, congratulations! Thank you for telling us about the books and material that helped you to pass the exam.

I'd like to ask you how long did it take you to prepare the exam? Do you recommend to read the books before watching the videos?

Thanks.
  • JinuyrJinuyr Member Posts: 251 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif

What online practice exams did you use?
  • faris1faris1 Member Posts: 13 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and thank you for the tips.