CCNA Cyber Ops

jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
Got an e-mail from Cisco saying I should consider the CCNA Cyber Ops certification since I already hold a CCNA Security certificate.

Anyone else getting these e-mail from Cisco as well?

Wondering if there is any fast-track materials to study for the CCNA Cyber Ops certficate?

Comments

• JamesKurtovichJamesKurtovich Member Posts: 195
    I got an email for a scholarship, so I signed up for it. I haven't received any news yet.
  • roger101roger101 Member Posts: 9 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got an email for a scholarship, so I signed up for it. I haven't received any news yet.

I got below email from them few days back after signing up.

We’re excited by a fantastic response to the Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship program from thousands of individuals like you. Responses have come from more than 126 countries so far. Together, we can protect the world from cybercriminals.
    Before you are invited in mid-August to complete an assessment for entry into the scholarship program, we want to remind you why this program is so important. Actually, we have 10 reminders, part of a series of riveting cybersecurity TED Talks that we present to you as part of our “Talking Tech with Cisco” blog. We encourage you to watch all 10 TED Talk videos; they are relatively short and do a great job at revealing the formidable challenges we face on the cyber-threat landscape. You will walk away further convinced that you have chosen a field that greatly needs and values your skill and dedication.
    As you look forward to the start of the program, we want to reinforce that it is a serious commitment: a total of 90 hours in three months. But when you complete this program, you will have achieved the respected CCNA Cyber Ops Certification. For now, set your sights on the assessment of your qualifications in mid-August. The assessment will cover questions to verify your basic technical competency as discussed in our scholarship selection criteria. We’ll keep you posted on next steps.
    Thank you again for your interest in the scholarship program. We look forward to helping you build highly rewarding career opportunities in cybersecurity.
    Regards,
    Learning@Cisco
  • Abdullah.AAAbdullah.AA Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've also signed up for their scholarship program and so far I've only got two emails, one that is about congratulating me on signing up, and another email with the blog Linking to videos on TED on cyber security.

one last email that mentioned they will start emailing out assessment forms (by mid august) to choose those who meet the requirement for their scholarship.

its August the 16th now, still waiting on their email :)

hope others who signed up share their experience
  • BuzzSawBuzzSaw Member Posts: 259 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've also signed up for their scholarship program and so far I've only got two emails, one that is about congratulating me on signing up, and another email with the blog Linking to videos on TED on cyber security.

one last email that mentioned they will start emailing out assessment forms (by mid august) to choose those who meet the requirement for their scholarship.

its August the 16th now, still waiting on their email :)

hope others who signed up share their experience

I signed up on day one that they opened for applications. I too have only received the same two emails you referenced.

Will keep you up to date if I hear anything else.
  • ifexifex Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Make I park here first.. Thought I was the only one waiting for em cyber scholarship. August 17.. Let's keep each other updated
    august 18th, still no email.

Also, I Just wanted to put this info here about the two exams to get the Certificate
    the two exams to get CCNA Cyber Ops are
    ---
    210-250 Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Fundamentals
    with topics like:
    1.0 Network Concepts 12%
    2.0 Security Concepts 17%
    3.0 Cryptography 12%
    4.0 Host Based Analysis 19%
    5.0 Security Monitoring 19%
    6.0 Attack Methods 21%

and
    210-255 Implementing Cisco Cybersecurity Operations
    with topics like:
    1.0 Endpoint Threat Analysis & Computer Forensics 15%
    2.0 Network Intrusion Analysis 22%
    3.0 Incident Response 18%
    4.0 Data and Event Analysis 23%
    5.0 Incident Handling 22%

I also would like to point out that there is free links to articles and resources under the 'study material' links for each of those exams.

at this time it could be helpful in giving you and idea of what the certificate will cover and what would expected of you to learn.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccna-cyber-ops/secfnd/study-material
    https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccna-cyber-ops/secops/study-material
    August 19... Am I the only one that doesn't seem to understand the meaning of mid-august
  • superbeastsuperbeast Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You're not alone. Cisco doesn't understand it either icon_lol.gif
    august 22nd, still no email from cisco
    Watching my inbox like a ninja... 23rd
    Finally an update from their twitter account @LearningatCisco

.@missmuyoyo Thank you so much for your interest in the Global Cybersecurity Scholarship program. Beginning this Friday, August 26th and

.@missmuyoyo throughout the rest of September, qualified candidates will receive an email, allowing them to access an assessment portal.
    1 retweet 1 like
    In reply to Faith Awuor
    LearningatCisco ‏@LearningatCisco Aug 24

.@missmuyoyo Please note that because of the significant number of applicants, placement of successful candidates into their cybersecurity
    1 retweet 1 like
    In reply to Faith Awuor

.@missmuyoyo coursework will occur on a first come – first served basis, so we encourage candidates to take the assessment as soon as they
    1 retweet 1 like
    In reply to Faith Awuor

.@missmuyoyo receive the notification email. Please note also that because of the large candidate pool, it might take a few days following
    1 retweet 1 like
    In reply to Faith Awuor

.@missmuyoyo the assessment for candidates to receive their assessment results and directions for next steps. Lastly, candidates who
    1 retweet 1 like
    In reply to Faith Awuor

.@missmuyoyo did not meet initial qualifications for receiving an assessment will be notified of their status starting Monday, Aug 29th.
    1 retweet 1 like
    In reply to Faith Awuor
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Thought this might be easier to read:

Thank you so much for your interest in the Global Cybersecurity Scholarship program. Beginning this Friday, August 26th and throughout the rest of September, qualified candidates will receive an email, allowing them to access an assessment portal. Please note that because of the significant number of applicants, placement of successful candidates into their cybersecurity coursework will occur on a first come – first served basis, so we encourage candidates to take the assessment as soon as they receive the notification email.

Please note also that because of the large candidate pool, it might take a few days following the assessment for candidates to receive their assessment results and directions for next steps.

Lastly, candidates who did not meet initial qualifications for receiving an assessment will be notified of their status starting Monday, Aug 29th.
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Thought this might be easier to read:

Thank you so much for your interest in the Global Cybersecurity Scholarship program. Beginning this Friday, August 26th and throughout the rest of September, qualified candidates will receive an email, allowing them to access an assessment portal. Please note that because of the significant number of applicants, placement of successful candidates into their cybersecurity coursework will occur on a first come – first served basis, so we encourage candidates to take the assessment as soon as they receive the notification email.

Please note also that because of the large candidate pool, it might take a few days following the assessment for candidates to receive their assessment results and directions for next steps.

Lastly, candidates who did not meet initial qualifications for receiving an assessment will be notified of their status starting Monday, Aug 29th.

So, is it safe to assume that if we haven't gotten an email yet, we're not getting one until Monday?
    Ertaz wrote: »
    So, is it safe to assume that if we haven't gotten an email yet, we're not getting one until Monday?

That was just posted on their Twitter account, so I'm hoping I receive an email from them today.
    That was just posted on their Twitter account, so I'm hoping I receive an email from them today.

Best of luck to you bro. We need to start a study group for those of us that make it.
    Well, no email yet, but based on previous communications from them about this, saying they are sending out emails "today" probably means we will be getting an email from them in 2 weeks from today... icon_cool.gif
  • BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Why does everyone ignore the part where it says "Friday, August 26th and throughout the rest of September,"?

You're not going to get an email Monday saying that you're not qualified if you haven't applied yet. This program is going to last for the next two years. What's with the "right now" mentality these days?
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    BlackBeret, some may be the right now mentality, some may just be excitement and anxious to start, my attitude is just relax and it will come. Also people are just giving updates if they received any communication from Cisco. But you do bring up a good point to reiterate that it will be the dates listed above.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
    BlackBeret wrote: »
    Why does everyone ignore the part where it says "Friday, August 26th and throughout the rest of September,"?

I suppose the concern over scarcity is due to the very next sentence that says "Please note that because of the significant number of applicants, placement of successful candidates into their cybersecurity coursework will occur on a first come – first served basis, so we encourage candidates to take the assessment as soon as they receive the notification email."

BlackBeret wrote: »

You're not going to get an email Monday saying that you're not qualified if you haven't applied yet. This program is going to last for the next two years. What's with the "right now" mentality these days
    ?

Why do so many people take act like every comment they read online like the person is dead serious and take it offensively? icon_thumright.gif
    Omg .. When applying.. I put " not yet certified " but I just got certified recently.. Do hope I get the much anticipated mail.. I wish I could change things tho..

Fingers crossed
    This moment is very critical for passing information.. Everyone stay glued..
  • drfagerdrfager Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    No assessment email for me yet...
    Which according to that tweet.. We should be among the qualified
  • techsecuritytechsecurity Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ifex wrote: »
    Which according to that tweet.. We should be among the qualified

I read the same thing on another post here from another user and i don't seem to understand why. According to their tweet they said that the "not qualified" mails will start to be sent on Monday, not only Monday. Although I hope to be wrong this seems to be the truth. As far as I understand we will not have an answer very soon.
    I got the assessment link as well, it was sent with a password and a user name to a portal, after logging in I was asked to change the password, and i did, afterwards there was a link in the middle of the page that sends to a survey and the assessment page, and I did them as well.
    they said the results will come out in 1 week.

I got the email on 4 AM GMT

good luck to the rest of you.
  • drfagerdrfager Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Got my email and took the assessment, fingers crossed.
  • iSmarktyiSmarkty Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nothing for me yet :'(
    I got the assessment link as well, it was sent with a password and a user name to a portal, after logging in I was asked to change the password, and i did, afterwards there was a link in the middle of the page that sends to a survey and the assessment page, and I did them as well.
    they said the results will come out in 1 week.

I got the email on 4 AM GMT

good luck to the rest of you.

Did you fill in " already certified " during registration
    What kinda assessment questions did you guys encounter