20 Years Ago this Month... N64!

volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,046 ■■■■■■■■□□
20 Years Ago this Month...
the N64 hit the U.S. market!

i remember when :]

Comments

• CertifiedMonkeyCertifiedMonkey Member Posts: 172 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Haha. Anytime I think of N64 I think of Bad Fur Day. Good times.
  • PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I have fond memories of Starfox and Goldeneye.
  • dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    For those of you in North Texas: NVM

And when you're done there, go here: Free Play Richardson...
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Best Console i ever owned since the Super Nintendo. Such amazing memories. Thank you Nintendo :)
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,046 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Haha. Anytime I think of N64 I think of Bad Fur Day. Good times.

Oh man!
    from the Opening Credits... so many movie-spoofs in that game!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrUnL-gM9Ds

There will never be another :]
  • v1ralv1ral Member Posts: 116 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'll always remember how the underwater level in Star Fox freaked me out as a kid...and how Mario Party ruined friendships and 3 controllers.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Goldeneye and Mario Kart 64 represents the best time of my life pre-marriage/kids. The competitions and fun that my friends and I had playing those two games in a 4-way split screen is something I wish still existed. Playing online just isn't the same, not that us grown adults have any time to play online anyways icon_cry.gif
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow, I remember it just like yesterday, my dad stood in line for it and got it for me for Christmas when it came out that first year. The only game I had for a while was Mortal Kombat, then used to trade and play Starfox, Mario Kart, and Goldeneye. Wasn't a big fan of Super Mario 64, the 3-D threw me off, but excellent gaming system nonetheless, the controller was ahead of its time.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • ImYourOnlyDJImYourOnlyDJ Member Posts: 180
    Anyone else for Rogue Squadron? I actually just installed the PC version a couple weeks ago. Still just as fun as the good ol N64 days.
  • FadakartelFadakartel Member Posts: 144
    Ahhh I remember the days of Mario for the N64, amazing times!
  • KyrakKyrak Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow I feel old.
    Up next: On Break, but then maybe CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Do you guys remember putting in codes at the beginning of the game? Would you consider that "hacking" or finding an "easter egg"? lol
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Anyone else for Rogue Squadron? I actually just installed the PC version a couple weeks ago. Still just as fun as the good ol N64 days.

Ahh yes Rouge Squadron. Loved that game. The best was still Golden Eye for me. Played that for years and years. Wish I still had it. I still have my Super Nintendo though and play Street Fighter II Turbo, Super Mario, and DK Country. Kids love the SNES more than the Wii.
  • TechytachTechytach Member Posts: 140
    I have fond memories of Starfox and Goldeneye.

I played so much GoldenEye 007.
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ugh this thread makes me feel old.

Goldeneye was pretty fun...
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    That's crazy, I remember getting it for Christmas that long ago and it still works!

"So Long G.AY Bowser!"
    and
    Let's Pickle!

suddenly come to mind

:D
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I haven't owned a console system since Atari 2600, I'm been a computer game type of person. With computer games you can download free map and modifications allowing you to get ten times the game play out of each game for free.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • ITBotITBot Member Posts: 114 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I pissed off sooo many of my friends playing Goldeneye. We would turn on 1 hit kills and I was always faster than everyone else. At least until I went up against odd job. My friend who wasn't that good would always play as him and hide in the air ducts and then the rest of us would be throwing grenades in the ducts to flush him out. Happy memories! icon_lol.gif

Mario Kart, Bad fur day, Shadows of the Empire, Battle Tanks were some of my favs. I actually still have mine. I'll bust it out when my kids are little bit older and they can complain about the graphics ha ha!
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think I was the only person that couldn't get into Goldeneye lol. I dedicated countless hours playing legend of zelda ocarina of time and WCW revenge.
  • ITBotITBot Member Posts: 114 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I forgot about Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask! Yeah, those wrestling games were pretty fun as well.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I spent many a twilight hour on my N64... I eventually made the hard decision to sell it because I was not spending enough time on my college course load and I wanted to make dean's list and graduate on time (also I had started a second job).
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
    I still have my Super Nintendo though and play Street Fighter II Turbo, Super Mario, and DK Country. Kids love the SNES more than the Wii.

Go pick up Zombies Ate my Neighors.
    Brilliant co-op game for the kids!!

blargoe wrote: »
    I spent many a twilight hour on my N64... I eventually made the hard decision to sell it because I was not spending enough time on my college course load and I wanted to make dean's list and graduate on time (also I had started a second job).

oh man... been down that road.

If memory serves... GoldenEye came out Sept 1997.
    it was also my WORST semester in undergrad.
    lol