Options

Considering CCSK

notquitecertifiablenotquitecertifiable Member Posts: 36 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm considering making an attempt on the CCSK but I had a few questions
I was hoping some of you might have the answers to before I set off
down the path.

Does the CCSK expire or do you keep the version you have indefinitely?
There are mentions of a free v2 to v3 course so I assume something
similar will happen with transition to the fourth version. Speaking of
which, does anyone have anything more than "in 2016" in regards to its
release date?

Are there any useful NIST publications related to this? I'm assuming SP
800-145, The NIST Definition of Cloud Computing is pretty much
essential. I'll also work through the CCSK and ENISA docs but I was
wondering if anyone had anything else they found helpful to read. I've
already done the 3 AWS associate exams, and Cloud+, so I think I've got
most of the basics down but any other pointers are welcome.

Comments

• Options
    RufioRufio Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Stick to the Security Guidance for Critical Areas of Focus in Cloud Computing V3.0 and the ENISA documents. I was told to read a bunch of NIST documents, but they weren't necessary. Not to say they aren't helpful documents in understanding cloud. Most the exam comes from the first resource. I wasn't as prepared for test as I would have liked, but it ended up not being that bad. If you feel comfortable with the first resource's content, you'll be in a good place to pass the exam. Knowing the ENISA document also helps. Straight from the CSA "92% of the questions are based on the CSA Guidance and 8% of the questions are based on theENISA report."I don't believe there is any renewal for the CCSK. Just found this "The CCSK certification is valid lifelong, but a version number equating it to a specific body of knowledge. Cloud Security Alliance will provide you a free access to a new version of the exam to upgrade your skills."
  • Options
    gavbamgavbam Registered Users Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am going to sit the CCSK exam this week and have used various resources not only to get the information i need but also a greater understanding of the subject. I work in cloud however the materials used really filled in those gaps. I know this is open book but to me I look at it as just like another exam prepare and prepare well.
    Materials used:
    CSA SECURITY GUIDANCE FOR CRITICAL AREAS OF FOCUS IN CLOUD COMPUTING V3.0
    Enisa doc (only the one from the CSA URL link too many otherwise concentrate solely on what they recommend)
    CCSK (Video) Lynda[dot]com: I used this to break up things from just reading, its not in-depth like the pdf CSA but gives an overview and also makes the topic less dry.
    Hopefully on completion of this it will be my baseline for the CCSP I will start and will bolster my knowledge by using the official guides but also use ITPro.tv as their updated version 2016 with Adam Gordon again breaks up the reading.
    Hope this helps.
  • Options
    jayc71jayc71 Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    gavbam wrote: »
    I am going to sit the CCSK exam this week and have used various resources not only to get the information i need but also a greater understanding of the subject. I work in cloud however the materials used really filled in those gaps. I know this is open book but to me I look at it as just like another exam prepare and prepare well.
    Materials used:
    CSA SECURITY GUIDANCE FOR CRITICAL AREAS OF FOCUS IN CLOUD COMPUTING V3.0
    Enisa doc (only the one from the CSA URL link too many otherwise concentrate solely on what they recommend)
    CCSK (Video) Lynda[dot]com: I used this to break up things from just reading, its not in-depth like the pdf CSA but gives an overview and also makes the topic less dry.
    Hopefully on completion of this it will be my baseline for the CCSP I will start and will bolster my knowledge by using the official guides but also use ITPro.tv as their updated version 2016 with Adam Gordon again breaks up the reading.
    Hope this helps.

How did it go? I'm working on the CCSP and am considering taking the CCSK first as a stepping stone of sorts. Curious to hear what you thought of it.
    CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, Sec+, AWS CSA/Developer/Sysops Admin Associate, AWS CSA Pro, AWS Security - Specialty, ITILv3, Scrummaster, MS, BS, AS, my head hurts.