CASP Passed 09/01

redsoxfan01redsoxfan01 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Everyone,

For me personally this was one of the hardest exams I have ever taken, and for many others I am sure they echo the same sentiment.

The books I used were Pearson COMPTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) CAS-002 Cert guide and Sybex.

The training references I used were:

Cybrary
uCertify -CASP Training
FedVTE
Skillport

To me skill port was the most helpful in going over all exam objectives: Most of these were 3-4 minute in length for each exam objective.

I also used GNS3. For those who don't know what that is, it is a simulator in setting up network configurations which is helpful once you get it running.

Good luck for those of you who are attempting the exam and for those who didn't make it, I wish you the best and don't give up. It will be worth it in the long run especially since it seems the DOD is moving to this exam as the primary over the CISSP.

I am also in the military and I know majority of the MACOMs in my AOR have already got command approval for the CASP and no longer approving training for CISSP. This is partly as they want more experience and practitioner knowledge over managerial questions to support the war fighters.

Comments

• No_NerdNo_Nerd Banned Posts: 168
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Hello Everyone,

For me personally this was one of the hardest exams I have ever taken, and for many others I am sure they echo the same sentiment.

The books I used were Pearson COMPTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) CAS-002 Cert guide and Sybex.

The training references I used were:

Cybrary
    uCertify -CASP Training
    FedVTE
    Skillport

To me skill port was the most helpful in going over all exam objectives: Most of these were 3-4 minute in length for each exam objective.

I also used GNS3. For those who don't know what that is, it is a simulator in setting up network configurations which is helpful once you get it running.

Good luck for those of you who are attempting the exam and for those who didn't make it, I wish you the best and don't give up. It will be worth it in the long run especially since it seems the DOD is moving to this exam as the primary over the CISSP.

I am also in the military and I know majority of the MACOMs in my AOR have already got command approval for the CASP and no longer approving training for CISSP. This is partly as they want more experience and practitioner knowledge over managerial questions to support the war fighters.

Congrats my man!
  • Z0sickxZ0sickx Member Posts: 180 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□