On to CCNP - Again

carterw65carterw65 Member Posts: 318 ■■■□□□□□□□
I passed INCD2 this morning, thankfully. I held a CCNP previously, but let it expire. I had to re-learn a huge amount and the CCNA tests are much harder now.

Anyway, I am moving on to CCNP. I am thinking I might want to do Route first since it is the freshest in my mind. Eny, miny, miney, mo.

I am taking the weekend off and going camping. My brain needs a break for a couple days. I have a lot of time in the evenings, at least right now, that I use to study. I need to use that time to my advantage because that could change soon. We have a big project going on at work and when the gear comes in it will be long days until we get it up and online.

Here we go!

Comments

• negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Best of luck to you then. Doing a full CCNA refresh myself and then plan on tackling ROUTE first. Full steam ahead!
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    [X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
    [ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)
  • carterw65carterw65 Member Posts: 318 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I decided to go with Switch first. Last night I got thinking.....I should compare the Switch blueprint with the CCIE R&S topics on switching. They are very similar. CCIE has more of course, but every topic on Switch is on the CCIE blueprint. This may do me some good in how I study.
  • koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck carter. I guess it doesn't really matter which one you start with first but I did SWITCH first as well. I wanted to get the "easier" one out of the way first, but looking back at it now I had a lot more fun with ROUTE.

Also you are right, if you read the FLG and OCG SWITCH books you should have a huge chunk of the CCIE switch portions completed. I've read quite a few CCIE novels now and, most of the switch topics have felt like review. It's the route topics that have gone much, much deeper than before.
  • carterw65carterw65 Member Posts: 318 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So right now I am just watching INE and Chris Bryant videos. I have also been firing up VIRL and using it to test some of what I see in the videos. I have taken a few notes, but not much at this point.
  • omi2123omi2123 Member Posts: 189
    Route test seemed easy to me as oppose to Switch.