ProctorU?

berlylabsberlylabs Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Anyone willing to comment on their experience? Trying to take CHFI soon. I'm worried about lack of bathroom breaks for one. How long did the test take you? Any issues?

Comments

• EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ProctorU went pretty smoothly. Had to do a basic "show me the workspace, room, monitor, ect" routine before starting. The test itself took me an hour and a half to two hours.
  • berlylabsberlylabs Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Do you get any bathroom breaks? I assume no since they can't tell if you have something in the other room.
  • PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    No breaks. Keep the noise to a minimum. Can't have anything suspicious around. You have to show your workspace, etc., and verify you are who you are with photo ID.

I've used ProctorU for 4 certification tests and only had a problem one time, but it was probably my ISP. A proctor changed some connection settings on my end and I finished up the test without a hitch.

If I could do all of my exams this way, I would.
  • EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No bathroom breaks. But that's the same as it would be in a testing center.
  • XLIIXLII Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just had my first experience with ProctorU for my CHFI exam last Saturday and it went flawlessly. As others have mentioned, you will need to present your driver's license and you must agree to no bathroom breaks and to show all of your surroundings. For them to authenticate your results, you pretty much have to have your face staring at your monitor the whole time so they can be satisfied that you didn't ****. The ProctorU site has some tests it can run to determine that you meet all requirements but I would recommend actually use their option to connect with a technician to run a true simulation and confirm that everything is working as expected. I'd do that at least an hour before the exam so you know it's working close to before you take it but with enough time to resolve any unforeseen issues. I know it seems rough to have a 4 hour time slot for an exam and no bathroom breaks but the CHFI only took me a little over an hour to complete as the questions, whether I knew the answers or not, were straightforward. If you're worried, I would recommend not going wild with food in advance to the exam to make sure you don't upset your stomach and don't drink too much liquid. I'm pretty lucky because I have this cool thing where I can't control my test anxiety so I was really empty before the test started... :D