70-410 passed

DojiscalperDojiscalper Member Posts: 266 ■■■□□□□□□□
Its a hard test for sure, even though I'm a total geek and love learning this stuff. Having a family I also spend a lot of time goofing off with my little girls so not a lot of study time, around an hour a day mostlyicon_redface.gif

I also have to be careful where I spent my money on exam material so I used the good deals that popped up over the past 6 months such as the booster pack, and the measure up discounts, and lots of online resources like youtube. The best resources I found was the MCSA complete study guide by William Panek, and the Pluralsight videos. I got exam ref, the sybex Mastering book, and the 2012 inside/out book, but those didn't "teach to the test" quite as well, but do provide valuable information.

I started studying back in December 2015 and had hoped to be finished or nearly finished with the 70-411 by now, but found out I have much less time for studying than I realized.

Comments

• gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratz! What was your score?
  • DojiscalperDojiscalper Member Posts: 266 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Not to discourage you, but I found the 411 to be the hardest of the three so be sure to double up your study habits! Good luck!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the exam.... I know how feel about making time, and goofing off. Just yesterday I got home early and all I could think of is resting and playing xbox... Stayed up until 1:30am just playing... Right when I was going to bed I thought how stupid I was to waste 2 1/2 hours playing games rather then reading or watching videos for my exam... UGh...

Great job once again and thanks for sharing your resources I know I need all the help i can!
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • joeswfcjoeswfc Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Not to discourage you, but I found the 411 to be the hardest of the three so be sure to double up your study habits! Good luck!

For me it was 412 which was the hardest, found it really hard and it took me 3 goes to pass! 410 and 411 were about the same difficulty for me. :D
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    joeswfc wrote: »
    For me it was 412 which was the hardest, found it really hard and it took me 3 goes to pass! 410 and 411 were about the same difficulty for me. :D

I probably should have mentioned that I took the 409 instead of the 412. I had pretty much 0 interest in the 412 objectives and opted for the 409 because it was better suited for my environment and I am planning on virtualizing most of my infrastructure over the next few years. Otherwise I would say that the 412 probably would have been the hardest.
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats! Will make note of those study methods. looking to tackle this in 2017 hopefully.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • DojiscalperDojiscalper Member Posts: 266 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm undecided on which elective to take after I do the 70-411. The 70-412 didn't seem like something I will benefit a lot from, but some of the others are interesting and from job requirements I see the knowledge would be more useful.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I have a family too so I know all to well about the goofing off lol.icon_redface.gif
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    greg9891 wrote: »
    I have a family too so I know all to well about the goofing off lol.icon_redface.gif

It's hard when your family is around hahah.. Good example they are watching "Narco" at the moment had to close my office door just to watch my videos and follow along. I have about 3 weeks before my exam getting a little stress about this exam ... ugh hate feeling this way just need to worry about my study habits and continue.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • KinecticKinectic Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□