Options

MCSA 70-410 Boot Camp?

khemist49khemist49 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Everyone,

so here's my situation, i have a $2,000 (more or less) budget for training course provided by my employer. I have just passed my Network+, and now encouraged to go for my MCSA.

Can anyone recommend a boot-camp style training course i can take to at least get myself situated with the 70-410 exam? i am mostly seeing 9 day courses for the complete 410-412 course, but cost is around $6,000 which is way out of my budget for this year.

any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    MeanDrunkR2D2MeanDrunkR2D2 Member Posts: 899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Honestly, boot camps are a waste of money (Especially for the MCSA) because unless you have worked with this tech day in and out for a while it won't stick in your head long enough to pass. Get a good book or two, pluralsight and study/lab like crazy on anything you can think of and you'll be further ahead and learn the tech better as well. Hell, maybe they'd let you use that money to invest in an older server to use at home as your homelab for testing and building those labs.
  • Options
    Muhammed HMuhammed H Member Posts: 93 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Totally agree with MeanDrunkR2D2. There is no point of wasting money on boot camp, specially for MCSA exams. You really need to work hands on to learn those MS technologies and study a lot to pass those exams. Those 5/7/9 days boot camps simply not enough to teach you and make you ready for those exams. Rather buy a sever from eBay or even a laptop with decent specs, create a virtual lab, install the OS on VMs, create different scenarios using the example available in books or video tutorials.......trust me, that will not not only save your bucks; you can learn lot more than you can probably do from a boot camp.
  • Options
    MHTECHMHTECH Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If your employer is happy to pay then do a bootcamp and then carry on after with your own server with other resources etc.
    Would be better to get the expert help from a classroom to help you on your way.
  • Options
    AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As the others have stated, a boot camp for the MCSA would be a complete waste of time and your employer's money. See if they'd be willing to pay for some good books and training videos instead. They will benefit you a lot more than a boot camp! Good luck!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"