CompTIA CASP CAS-002 Performance-Based

CIOCIO Member Posts: 151
Just wondering if anyone has taken the new version of the CASP and if they can shed some light on the Performance-Based type of questions on the exam.
For instance, are there any config type of questions where the test taker would need to know Cisco R/S commands, Linux commands, etc..

Comments

• ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    CIO wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has taken the new version of the CASP and if they can shed some light on the Performance-Based type of questions on the exam.
    For instance, are there any config type of questions where the test taker would need to know Cisco R/S commands, Linux commands, etc..

You don't need to understand specific iOS commands. You need to be able to read output and make configuration choices through a generic menu based interface.
  • trueshrewkmctrueshrewkmc Member Posts: 107
    Performance-based questions for CompTIA also mean drag and drop / matching questions. I had more drag and drop questions than hands-on / command line / button clicking questions on my test in July. You should also know that the performance-based questions show up first and that you can always mark them and come back. (My first Sec+ performance-based question was as hard or harder than anything I saw on CASP. I marked it for review and came back to it later.)
  • CIOCIO Member Posts: 151
    Performance-based questions for CompTIA also mean drag and drop / matching questions. I had more drag and drop questions than hands-on / command line / button clicking questions on my test in July. You should also know that the performance-based questions show up first and that you can always mark them and come back. (My first Sec+ performance-based question was as hard or harder than anything I saw on CASP. I marked it for review and came back to it later.)

That is true. I guess i'm just over stressing the test. I've moved my test date to the 15 of next month.
  • luciano.feluciano.fe Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Took the exam last 3rd of September.....I had 10 simulation questions: 2 drag-n-drop, 6 scenario Firewall, ACLs and network examination and an exercise on Windows to check the file using md5sum to check a hash and install the proper downloaded file). I can't remember the other simulation questions.
    Anyway if you are not sure about the answer, mark them as review and go ahead.
  • Moldygr33nb3anMoldygr33nb3an Member Posts: 241
    A colleague of mine just took it yesterday. Said all 10 of his performance based questions were drag and drop. He said a majority of the questions were network based and told me to make sure I know my protocols. He didn't pass.
    Current: OSCP

Next: CCNP (R&S and Sec)

Follow my OSCP Thread!
  • Moldygr33nb3anMoldygr33nb3an Member Posts: 241
    CIO wrote: »
    That is true. I guess i'm just over stressing the test. I've moved my test date to the 15 of next month.

Hey, we shall take it together! :)

I'm not too far down the road from you either. (Corpus Christi)
    Current: OSCP

Next: CCNP (R&S and Sec)

Follow my OSCP Thread!