Options

Passed CISSP 9/9/2016

gatorredsoxgatorredsox Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
[FONT=&quot]Best 3 study materials in my opinion (5 months studying).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. ITPro TV Adam Gordon CISSP Course 10/10 Watched all the videos twice and took lots of notes.
2. Cybrary CISSP Course 10/10, watched this twice and took lots of notes and read thru all the slides. Also downloaded and listened to mp3's.
3. Eric Conrad’s CISSP Study Guide 3rd edition 10/10 #1 Book choice by far.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Other study materials:
Eleventh Hour Eric Conrad CISSP Study Guide 8/10
CCCure 5/10
Transcender – Started it but didn’t use it much.
Sybex CISSP Study Guide 3/10, way too long, put me to sleep.
CBT Nuggets-5/10- Found some good information, but not enough.

In the end, reading the books, watching the videos and taking notes was the best way for me to study. The practice questions did not help me much at all. I do have many other certifications so having to study for those in the past and having that knowledge helped me a lot too. Good luck everyone![/FONT]

Comments

• Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    palmett0palmett0 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Gator! Thanks for the review on your sources.
  • Options
    DataFoxDataFox Member Posts: 11 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats !!
    I have been putting of this exam for some time now, but i'm back into the mind set of knock it out once and for all.

Can I ask you about the CCCure? A lot of people have said is was helpful, can I ask whats your take on them?
    Its something I was looking into as the final prep and run up to my exam.
  • Options
    SeekBytesSeekBytes Member Posts: 143
    [FONT=&amp]Best 3 study materials in my opinion (5 months studying).[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]1. ITPro TV Adam Gordon CISSP Course 10/10 Watched all the videos twice and took lots of notes.
    2. Cybrary CISSP Course 10/10, watched this twice and took lots of notes and read thru all the slides. Also downloaded and listened to mp3's.
    3. Eric Conrad’s CISSP Study Guide 3rd edition 10/10 #1 Book choice by far.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Other study materials:
    Eleventh Hour Eric Conrad CISSP Study Guide 8/10
    CCCure 5/10
    Transcender – Started it but didn’t use it much.
    Sybex CISSP Study Guide 3/10, way too long, put me to sleep.
    CBT Nuggets-5/10- Found some good information, but not enough.

In the end, reading the books, watching the videos and taking notes was the best way for me to study. The practice questions did not help me much at all. I do have many other certifications so having to study for those in the past and having that knowledge helped me a lot too. Good luck everyone![/FONT]

Hi, Gatorredsox

May I ask you what role you have within your organization?

Kind Regards
  • Options
    sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□