Is it possible for me to get a tech job? (Read description)

RolloofthenormRolloofthenorm Registered Users Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm 22 years old and want to work in software engineering. I'm expected to graduate from college this December with both degrees in computer science and electrical engineering, but the problem is that almost two years ago I was charged with a misdemeanor and since it was my first offense and it was minor I only did community service and paid a fine and got it expunged from my record. I haven't been in trouble since then and I was wondering will it be possible for me to get a job in software and possibly working in Silicon Valley someday?

Comments

• sillymcnastysillymcnasty Member Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    From google:

[FONT=&quot]For example, assume that Joe was convicted of petty theft and later had the conviction expunged. This was Joe's only brush with the criminal justice system. If Joe applies for a job and the application asks, "Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offense?" Joe can honestly answer, "No."[/FONT]
  • Codeman6669Codeman6669 Member Posts: 227
    well most jobs will ask if you have been convicted of a felony. and others might ask about misdemeanor. If the application process dosnt ask, dont tell. Very large companies will be more interested about that then small companies. I wouldn't let it get in your way, stay on track.