Pluralsight For SSCP

Infosec85Infosec85 Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
Anyone used this resource for the above exam and what was your thoughts?

Comments

• tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I self-studied and passed the first time. If you do well with self study, you may consider doing so for SSCP.

If Pluralsight is free, then you have nothing to lose. Otherwise, you can get some great instruction from Cybrary. They don't have any SSCP course, but you can get most of what you need from their CISSP, CASP, Cryptography, and other related training. It made a difference for me.

Nice avatar, by the way.
  • Infosec85Infosec85 Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    tedjames wrote: »
    I self-studied and passed the first time. If you do well with self study, you may consider doing so for SSCP.

If Pluralsight is free, then you have nothing to lose. Otherwise, you can get some great instruction from Cybrary. They don't have any SSCP course, but you can get most of what you need from their CISSP, CASP, Cryptography, and other related training. It made a difference for me.

Nice avatar, by the way.

Cheers appreciate it, Gentleman as always!
  • ivandavidsivandavids Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi, not sure if you wrote the exam yet, see link to my post for material i used to pass.

SSCP Passed

Good luck icon_smile.gif
    Haven't sat it yet, just going through my first book. Did you find pluralsight course helpful?
    Tony Northrup videos were very helpful, especially a week before the exam. I would also recommend going through the Cybrary course on Crypto... i found it very useful.

Which book are you using?
    I'm reading 2 books, currently reading Gibsons 2nd addition, then move onto SSCP official study guide from George Murphy. Then finish up with Videos and practice exams.
    Likely won't need all that, however I like to absorb as much as possible.
    Great, all the best for the exam!
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    The eight SSCP courses on Pluralsight were updated for the 2015 objectives last year. They are worth using for anyone with a Plurasight subscription needing to take the SSCP exam. Pluralsight has over 5000 courses now, so there's a lot to look through.
  • d3s3rtf0xd3s3rtf0x Member Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am currently going through the SSCP videos by Jason Helmick. I'd say they are worth it for your final preps. Just videos won't be enough for passing the exam though...