Testing tomorrow

Sy KosysSy Kosys Member Posts: 105 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well, the time has come, and I'm as ready as I can be. Not as much as i could have been, but ready nonetheless.

Have spend the day drilling and practicing and labbing dot1x and VACLs, everything else I think I've got a firm grasp on.

Testing in about 15hrs....any recommendations from the group? Blackjack and hookers are a no-go, but other suggestions will be entertained.

Thanks for the help, but public and private, hopefully passing this motherf***er and moving on to the Check Point certs!
"The size of your dreams must always exceed your current capacity to achieve them. If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough.”
― Ellen Johnson Sirleaf

Comments

• TonyStarkTonyStark Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Sy Kosys,
    I passed today 300-115. It wasn't such a big deal to be honest. I read a few posts here and there, people complaining on the switch/router simulator. All I can say: everything's explained quite well in the "warm-up" tutorial - so make sure you read it.
    Secondly, if you have some experience working with Cisco cli (and I think you should have since you're trying to pass 300-115), the fact that some commands are not available (they're telling you this) shouldn't be a problem.

Those that complain on the fact that some commands are not working, the simulator doesn't act as a real switch, TAB is not available (well, it is for some commands), I think they don't deserve to pass.

If you guys have any questions, let me know.
  • kmos22kmos22 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi TonyStark,

Since you have first hand experience I just have one question. Are shortened commands accepted like conf t instead of configure terminal or sh spanning vlan 10 instead of show spanning-tree vlan 10? I know you mentioned tab doesn't really work.
  • Sy KosysSy Kosys Member Posts: 105 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Appreciate the feedback Mr Stark. I sat the exam and annihilated it, and the tutorials were relatively accurate.

@kmos22- I do recall using shortened commands such as 'conf t' without error or incident. Obviously getting into greater detail could possibly run afoul of the NDA, but it did accept them. I may have "mostly" completed the full command/syntax, but i'm pretty sure I did not fully type out each and every one with no problemos. As for the tab key, honestly it never came up to use it as I was confident in the syntax to begin with, so I cannot comment personally on that.
    "The size of your dreams must always exceed your current capacity to achieve them. If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough.”
    ― Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
    Thanks for the helpful feedback Sy Kosys
  • ImYourOnlyDJImYourOnlyDJ Member Posts: 180
    Congrats! I hope to sit the exam one of these months. I wanted to take it last month but I ordered Boson Exam sim and scored 65% my first attempt icon_sad.gif.
  • WonTonDonWonTonDon Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I hope to sit the exam one of these months. I wanted to take it last month but I ordered Boson Exam sim and scored 65% my first attempt icon_sad.gif.

Can anyone confirm if the Boson Exam sims are of any use?

I've heard from different sources that the exam questions are actually alot harder than the ones presented in the real exam.
  • ImYourOnlyDJImYourOnlyDJ Member Posts: 180
    WonTonDon wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if the Boson Exam sims are of any use?

I've heard from different sources that the exam questions are actually alot harder than the ones presented in the real exam.

My Coworker used them for CCNA and said they were pretty close to the actual test. It would be nice to know if anyone used them for CCNP because the questions were a bit tougher than I expected. I had a question asking for the MAC address of a CDP Advertisement which I didn't plan on memorizing.
  • Sy KosysSy Kosys Member Posts: 105 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ...I had a question asking for the MAC address of a CDP Advertisement which I didn't plan on memorizing.
    I actually made it a point to know these "unique" MAC's, mainly from the standpoint of CYA in case of some random exam question asking me to identify the FHRP based upon the MAC, on in your case the question you got. I don't recall if any such questions were on the exam that I sat, but I still prepared for it.

In reality, my notes only covered 5 such MAC addy's... i think 3 for the FHRP and 2 for CDP/LLDP
    ― Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
    I took the switch exam on the 2nd of November and passed with a good score, I finished with time to spare but it seemed like I spent a long while testing. All the pointers from this forum really helped me out. @Sy Kosys and ImYourOnlyDJ, learning these "unique" MACs is definitely necessary

Reading/Video Materials used:
    Chris Bryant CCNP videos on UDEMY (I got the all in one package)
    Chris Bryant CCNP Switch 300-115 Study Guide
    CCNP Switch OCG (642-813)
    Cisco whitepapers on DHCP Snooping, stackwise etc.

I hope that little bit of info helped...